Just watching Madrid V Valencia

BUDTHEWISER said:
bammy blue said:
if it was gerry armstrong who said it then there could be some truth in it, he seems to be skys man in the know over in spain. (as well as guillem balague)
It was Rob Palmer (main commentator)

I belive Rob Palmer is a City fan, or at least his son is a Junior Blue, so he wouldn't deliberately spout shit about it.

Project said:
Silva isn't leaving, lol.

People are looking far too much into that penalty. Let's be honest, he is shocking in front of goal and I knew he was going to iss. We see those kind of pea rollers from him all the time - it's the one thing lacking in his game.

He just isn't match fit, plain and simple. He got ran ragged last season when we couldn't really afford to drop him. He then went straight to the Spanish training camp before appearing in all of Spains games in the Euros. He got about 3 weeks off and then returned shortly before the Charity Shield, where he played 10 minutes. Yesterday was his first pre-season game.

I actually agree with you here. I remember when he joined City after the world cup, he wasn't truly playing well until late october

not my fault! said:
alky313 said:
not my fault! said:
I think he is anyway, said this at the match. He looked like his head was elsewhere all day & he was given the ball for the pen. But the thing I couldn't fathom was the way Yaya & Tevez both went up to him & patted him on the back before he took it. Just looked strange, it wasn't done in the usual "C'mon mate" way you'd expect. IMO I think our Spanish Dave is offski, but hope I'm wrong.

I think you are wrong... Think of it from this perspective.

He looked quite alright until the pen miss. Fact of the matter is many of us could call it the second he stood there from the spot. He is not very good in dead ball situations. I do believe that he is very typical of many Spanish players in which when it rains it pours.

The fact remains that there is very little signs that Real Madrid or Barcelona can produce the fee that we would require in order to sell him. He just came off of a long Euro campaign in which he started every match. He had no preseason other than 20 minutes last week.

Look at Samir Nasri and tell me that a preseason doesn't change a player.

I hope you're right & I am wrong, I was wrong once before in 1988 so it's not beyond possible

was it your fault then?

california blue said:
silva was piss poor as he hasnt had a preseason!!

I'm just not buying this statement of "no pre season". He played the Euros & he's a professional footballer! He should be able to take a few months off & still keep fit, a lot of players still train when in the close season. I'm not saying he's off but he's not looked sharp or up for it since December. Something is on his mind, & IMO he's homesick for Spain & Spanish football in general, I don't won't him to go but it would surprise me if he did.

not my fault! said:
california blue said:
silva was piss poor as he hasnt had a preseason!!

I'm just not buying this statement of "no pre season". He played the Euros & he's a professional footballer! He should be able to take a few months off & still keep fit, a lot of players still train when in the close season. I'm not saying he's off but he's not looked sharp or up for it since December. Something is on his mind, & IMO he's homesick for Spain & Spanish football in general, I don't won't him to go but it would surprise me if he did.

No pre-season is a fact. Look at how Tevez gets affected, nothing to do with being professional, just fitness at the highest level..

All players would be sharper with a proper pre-season, so much sports science these days building players up to there peak for match days.

How many minutes had Silva played before Southampton? 45-60?

Also it was widely reported he was playing with a knock every week round about his drop in form. Mancini dropped him to recover and he ended the season well.

Also think about who Silva is... Hes said hes staying... so he will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.