Just witnessed an unbelievable match...

This is what I hate about the FCUB dickheads. If they wanted grass roots footy, there are scores of fantastic non-league clubs in this area they could have gone to watch and support. But they wanted to be rag bully boys even at that level, winning every week and intimidating home support through drunken and violent weight of numbers.

Non-League football is actually really good to watch on occassions and you do really find out how much you can fall in love with football at the right match.

Unfortunately for myself, Leigh RMI, now Genesis are, soon-to-be, no more due to poor planning on behalf of the council, inadequate running of certain facilities and pure greed which is a real shame. The town itself has never been welcoming to the football team since they moved here in 1995, but since I started watching them on a regular basis in 2001, I've had some fond memories of the team and certain games. If I had won that Euromillions I can guarantee I would've invested a lot of money into the team, there's something about supporting your local local team that grips you. City are and always will be my team, but how people can say they've never been to and never intend to support their local town team is beyond me.

Is that Neil Tolson in charge at Hyde now? He had a spell at Leigh in 2003 I think.

JuniorBlue said:
Just thought i'd share this, but aswell as the almighty blues, i'm an avid supporter of Hyde United, and have been since a very young age as my dad was always interested in non-league as well as Man City, and their respective division. However, Hyde who are currently in the bottom 6/7 of the league, their actual position must've changed around 3/4 times this weekend based on results, but anyway in recent weeks their peformances different to city's have been vastly improved. An attacking urgency which was inexistent at times earlier on in the season has been restored to the team in recent weeks, and this evening Hyde faced Hinckley (spelling) who were third in the division.

Anyway the game in the first half they absolutely dominated, but the referee had an absolute shocker throughout. Bookings flying left right and centre, and decisions which quite frankly weren't adequate. And to be fair we was outclassed in the first half, and unfortunately conceded two goals within the first half going in 2-0 down. However, despite being completely outclassed they were easily controlling the midfield play, but they had more pace and strength at the back. So obviously me sitting there at half-time, a point would've done me down to the ground, but both sides returned and a big moment happened which then changed the course of the game. They had a defender sent off, and from then onwards Hyde were ontop.

Constantly pressing, attacking and generally causing there defence so many problems, giving us a sense that a goal was imminent. And it did come just under the 60minute mark. Then Hyde should have really been 2-2 come 70 minutes, but a series of good saves from their keeper kept them will in the mix of holding on to their narrow lead. However, player manager Tolson come on, and unbelievably had such an effect from the late 70 minute mark when he come on. Then after constantly attacking and pressing, Tolson got a goal back on the 89th minute to the absolute sheer jubiliation and relief. And then... 94th minute, it couldn't have been scripted any better, but Tolson got Hyde's winner and his second of the night. Absolutely overjoyed and it just shows you with grit, hardwork and determination it can be done. Also not just tonight, but in recent weeks i've really fell back in love with Non-League football, it's different to the modern-day dizzy heights of premier league football and finances, and adds a bit of reality to modern-day football.

However, still your probably bored of reading this now, and along with City's 4-3 comeback at Tottenham, despite this game having no real effect whatsoever apart from three points against a strong side, definetly has to be one of the most gripping, and just brilliant games i've been in attendance at.

To finish, anybody else follow a Non-League club as a second club?

Yeah, 3-2 or 4-3 are always good 'uns if yer on the better end of the score!

was going to watch a few tamworth games this season but never got round to it, apparently they sell real beer in the ground and the food is edible!

Great report thanks very much. I always look out for Hyde's results and it looks like they have hit a bit of form just at the right time with a few games in hand on the teams above them.

We went to a game earlier in the season and took the kids, there were 6 adults plus the kids. The kids got in for free and absolutely loved it, because they didn't have to sit down I imagine!

Mrs Given said:
Great report thanks very much. I always look out for Hyde's results and it looks like they have hit a bit of form just at the right time with a few games in hand on the teams above them.

We went to a game earlier in the season and took the kids, there were 6 adults plus the kids. The kids got in for free and absolutely loved it, because they didn't have to sit down I imagine!

Glad you enjoyed reading it, will try and keep updating it a bit more now. To think they may have not been still standing, but due to managing to pay off outstanding debts they live to fight for another day.

n_mcfc said:
Non-League football is actually really good to watch on occassions and you do really find out how much you can fall in love with football at the right match.

Unfortunately for myself, Leigh RMI, now Genesis are, soon-to-be, no more due to poor planning on behalf of the council, inadequate running of certain facilities and pure greed which is a real shame. The town itself has never been welcoming to the football team since they moved here in 1995, but since I started watching them on a regular basis in 2001, I've had some fond memories of the team and certain games. If I had won that Euromillions I can guarantee I would've invested a lot of money into the team, there's something about supporting your local local team that grips you. City are and always will be my team, but how people can say they've never been to and never intend to support their local town team is beyond me.

Is that Neil Tolson in charge at Hyde now? He had a spell at Leigh in 2003 I think.

Aye, he's the coach but he's player/coach.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hydeunited.com/report.php?id=1480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hydeunited.com/report.php?id=1480</a>

Confirmation of the result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.