Justice for the 96

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ricster said:
We've been talking about this, this morning at work and someone raised a very good argument about this. He thinks the whole incident was possibly staged by police and officials, possibly government, to cause scene's of panicked nature so that football grounds could become all seater and make it easier to police.

We'll never know the truth but what we do know, is that 96 innocent fans died at that game, and anyone involved in the staging of that tie should be ashamed of themselves.

RIP 96!
Blimey - even I wouldn't give house room to that one!

It was better explained than that, im meant to be working, so thought i'd try and do a shortened version of what he said.

R.I.P- great game to mark the occasion last night, very fitting even if Liverpool didn't win

RIP the 96

Just to back up Ricster slightly, i dont think the government wanted or encouraged the inicident, but they did use it.

I was working as a cricket steward at the time and the government wanted all seater stadiums prior to this and pushed them though using Hillsborough as the primary reasoning, costing clubs millions to sort it out, even in stadia like Maine Rd or Villa Park where a similar crush would have been impossible. The Taylor report had impact in all stadia in all sports as it wasnt reduced to just football, and the conspiracy comes from another pre-Hillsborough report that said that it would reduce football violence in grounds if there were seats (despite most fans who saw Luton Millwall that seats are an effective weapon), that every fan should be in a member sceme and possibly banning away fans (something that Maggie endorced and Luton did for a time - where the invisible man chant comes from). Sadly the government used the horrific incident to further their own cause, at the cost of every fan in the country... not like we havent seen it before and since - twin towers and the second Iraq war coming to mind, tragic incident, government using it to get its own way...

I do believe there is truth in what you are saying there Paul. The government were desperate to quell football hooliganism and the ID scheme had collapsed (remember that?). The conclusion to the Taylor Report suited them.

But I certainly don't believe the police or government went about murdering innocents to acheive that objective.

Didsbury Dave said:
I do believe there is truth in what you are saying there Paul. The government were desperate to quell football hooliganism and the ID scheme had collapsed (remember that?). The conclusion to the Taylor Report suited them.

But I certainly don't believe the police or government went about murdering innocents to acheive that objective.

I dont think they murdered them either, but they used their deaths to their advantage.

Funny how when Maggie tried ID cards for football fans everyone was up in arms, but now Blair/Brown are making them compulsary for everyone - nobody seems that bothered...

Sorry I hate conspiracies, they do my nut in. It is quite evident that it was an accident that occured on the day, the police were indecisive, shit themselves and opened the middle pen without though causing no diversion to the other pens which caused the tragic crush.

I am grateful that stadium safety was reviewed as a result of this tragic event so we can enjoy the game in a safe environment.

RIP the 96

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.