Juventus

I see the cancelo Danilo swap was one of the transfers they have been done for.
Always knew there was something dodgy about that. But I just thought that's the way things were done nowadays. It used to be that you'd buy a player for £Xm plus a player. But for some reason nowadays, they also insist on having a fee for the player going the other way, and inflating the fee of the first player. It was the same when we got £15m for Otamendi and payed £60m for Dias. Why not just pay £45m? I figured there must be some sort of accounting benefit.

Always knew there was something dodgy about that. But I just thought that's the way things were done nowadays. It used to be that you'd buy a player for £Xm plus a player. But for some reason nowadays, they also insist on having a fee for the player going the other way, and inflating the fee of the first player. It was the same when we got £15m for Otamendi and payed £60m for Dias. Why not just pay £45m? I figured there must be some sort of accounting benefit.
I don’t think there’s anything dodgy about the actual transfer per se. From what I can gather from the press reports is that Juventus seem to have reported or audited it incorrectly to fudge their books. How deep we are involved is a mystery at the moment, if at all. However, Juve are appealing it. But then why would all the board resign?

I don’t think there’s anything dodgy about the actual transfer per se. From what I can gather from the press reports is that Juventus seem to have reported or audited it incorrectly to fudge their books. How deep we are involved is a mystery at the moment, if at all. However, Juve are appealing it. But then why would all the board resign?
I don't mean dodgy in the sense of illegal or breaking the rules, but I just find in interesting that swaps used to just be the player plus the fee. Nowadays, there's always a fee for both players. So we paid £27.4m plus Danilo for Cancelo, but officially it went through at £60m-odd, and they supposedly paid over £30m for Danilo. So there must be some accounting reason for that sort of arrangement. It's not just us. Every swap seems to be like this now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.