Kalidou Koulibaly

Nope ! If Pep says we ain't going for anyone, we ain't !
with the injury Laporte has and the niggling injuries and erratic form of Stones and unreliability of Otamendi, I think buying a CB in January is a no brainer. Otherwise we are left with what we have, an ageing Fernandinho as a makeshift CB and untried youth players.

We rarely buy anyone for resale, especially those coming straight into the first 11. We are in a 'win now' mode, that being said we won't be going for him. One of the benfica CB's i reckon will be the target.
I'd agree if he was 25 but for £100+ million there has to be resale or extension value in the deal and i see none imo.

Would cost £110m+ given Napoli have already rejected mega bids.

29 years old next June. Personally think he’s worth every penny, even if he only maintains such a level for 3 seasons. But could maybe play even longer as he is physically exceptional.

Koulibaly and Laporte would be the best CB partnership in world football and if Laporte doesn’t play he would make any defender next to him look better.

Koulibaly is one of the best in the world, a dream signing.

Ain't gonna lie. He was looking the fucking business last night.

IDK if the price warrants only getting 4 to 5 seasons out of him though. Doesn't seem like he'll be in line with our transfer strategy.

One of the best centre backs in the game but he’d cost too much given his age.

I wouldn’t be surprised in we target the guy at Inter next summer.

with the injury Laporte has and the niggling injuries and erratic form of Stones and unreliability of Otamendi, I think buying a CB in January is a no brainer. Otherwise we are left with what we have, an ageing Fernandinho as a makeshift CB and untried youth players.

I think everything you've said there explains why buying a CB in summer was a no brainer too. I think our transfer business is on the whole excellent but this was a mistake. The second Laporte got injured we were always going to look vulnerable.

Im pretty sure a new CB is needed.We play such a high line and i think we have one of the slowest CB pairing atm.Were exposed once again yesterday and rushing Ederson and some luck saved us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.