Kalidou Koulibaly

I hope we have other alternatives to Koulibaly, I'm not entirely convinced on him anyway but the price is ridiculous all things considered and who can be arsed dealing with De Laurentiis. I'd walk away and let them come back to us, if they don't, they don't.

I hope we have other alternatives to Koulibaly, I'm not entirely convinced on him anyway but the price is ridiculous all things considered and who can be arsed dealing with De Laurentiis. I'd walk away and let them come back to us, if they don't, they don't.
And your back up plan when they don't come back?

There are plently of choices in Europe: Skriniar, Dias, Torres, Carlos, Gimenez.

Problem with the 1st: strong but seem reckless. 2-4th: untested and not very experienced at the highest level. We would pay top dollar not really knowing what to expect. 5th Gimenez: cost too much, 120m.

My dreamsigning was De Ligt. Age, quality and actually had a decent pricetag, but was never happening because of that royal prick of an agent he has, Raiola.

For me, Koulibaly is probably still our best bet. Imagine him getting a boost joining us and playing for Pep. He’s a physical monster and he knows how to defend. One could only hope he keeps his pace intact and stay of injuries. Then he’d be a topsigning.

About the transfer fee, I believe the club refuses anything above 65m, maybe addons to 70m if he wins UCL.

A few bad games doesn't mean Koulibaly is rubbish. He's been consistently world class for 5 seasons now, and the performances against Liverpool/Salah and PSG/Mbappe should be enough to make your mind up. You'll still get those that compare him to Mangala even though this guy has dominated the best strikers in World Football. This video will show you a very intelligent defender off the ball.

There are plently of choices in Europe: Skriniar, Dias, Torres, Carlos, Gimenez.

Problem with the 1st: strong but seem reckless. 2-4th: untested and not very experienced at the highest level. We would pay top dollar not really knowing what to expect. 5th Gimenez: cost too much, 120m.

My dreamsigning was De Ligt. Age, quality and actually had a decent pricetag, but was never happening because of that royal prick of an agent he has, Raiola.

For me, Koulibaly is probably still our best bet. Imagine him getting a boost joining us and playing for Pep. He’s a physical monster and he knows how to defend. One could only hope he keeps his pace intact and stay of injuries. Then he’d be a topsigning.

About the transfer fee, I believe the club refuses anything above 65m, maybe addons to 70m if he wins UCL.
The situation with Garcia leaving has definitely intensified the search in my opinion, although if we don't see any real alternatives to Koulibaly then we go into next season with Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Adaradiayo and Harwood-Bellis. There's no point throwing money at the situation unless we're sure (well as sure as we can be) about a player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.