Kalidou Koulibaly

Let me get this right. He’s one of the best defenders in world football. Turns 28 tomorrow so is in his prime. He’s a giant at 6 foot 5. He can also play either side as fullback as well as deputising at CDM. He would cost around the same as Harry’s Maguire. Yet some people are saying he’s too old?

He used to be 6'5(wrongly reported), but he's in fact 6'2

6'4 Paddy Viera for scale
r51ctyga20011.jpg

Highly doubt this is going to happen for us & simply journo stirring.

Fairly sure Napoli rejected a 110m Euro bid from the Rags in May with ADL stating Koulibaly is not for sale.

Also, Koulibaly seems settled with family life in Naples & why an earth would we want go through again the rigmarole of dealing with Napoli after the Jorginho fiasco.

Koulibaly is only a month older than Van Dijk. He's just as complete as well IMO. For £80m i'd not complain, especially considering the level he could reach under Guardiola. I don't think this will happen, but I bet Liverpool don't regret the £75m they spent on VVD...

If true, one thing the offer does do is establish for the De Ligt camp the exact size pile of money City is willing to package for a CB this window. Their move ...

Let me get this right. He’s one of the best defenders in world football. Turns 28 tomorrow so is in his prime. He’s a giant at 6 foot 5. He can also play either side as fullback as well as deputising at CDM. He would cost around the same as Harry’s Maguire. Yet some people are saying he’s too old?
Of course he is not too old,you missing the point. The problem is the price. If you pay 95 M for a 20 year old player who has at least a decade in the team is one thing, but on a 28 year old player who has 3 maybe 4 good seasons ahead of him yes the price is very high.

Of course he is not too old,you missing the point. The problem is the price. If you pay 95 M for a 20 year old player who has at least a decade in the team is one thing, but on a 28 year old player who has 3 maybe 4 good seasons ahead of him yes the price is very high.
If we want to try and win CL in the next 3-4 years this has to be done.

Van Dijk is a month younger than Koulibaly too. Sometimes you just have to break the bank for these kinds of players. Koulibaly has a solid build, he can easily play at high level if fit till 34-35.

If it helps us in our CL bid and gives us a leader figure then so be it. Experience is vital in squad, we have plenty others to give us more years once he's done or else

If we want to try and win CL in the next 3-4 years this has to be done.
At the end of the day it's not my money or yours. If we were really willing to pay Benfica 120 m for Felix maybe we really have money to spend. You know what? You convinced me,Koulibaly
and Laporte as our CB will be absolutely amazing

At the end of the day it's not my money or yours. If we were really willing to pay Benfica 120 m for Felix maybe we really have money to spend. You know what? You convinced me,Koulibaly
and Laporte as our CB will be absolutely amazing
Exactly, got to make the best use of Pep and this squad whilst we can. What do we care if the money's there to spend. Liverpool finessed tf out of Barça and did not think for a second to spend on VVD. We should do the same and be ruthless if this transfer is possible and the player's willing to move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.