Kalidou Koulibaly

His career was going brilliantly, hevwas a 'hot property' around Europe & soon out of contract. We promised him first team squad, if he signed for us, rather than one of the top clubs who were hunting him. He did, then we shat all over him & he ended up sitting around waiting on last minute loan deals.

After that, he never really figured as a likely City player & this incident happened during that period. He ended up shit, in a shit Sunderland team & has somehow got his career back & is climbing the ladder again.

Some truth in what you say pal, but I am glad we got shot because kicking someone in the head in a gang fight is a no no for me.

I do take your point that he's a decent player though, he impressed me that pre-season.

I think more baffling than this saga is our other options for CB. How is it possible to have only three or four CB choices. All of them extremely expensive and the top of the list player extremely ungettable.
Why do we expect anything different when we deal with Napoli. I was told Napoli are weaker financially so they will give up easily. Well that card move should expire now as ADL has still not given us an inch. We are hoping to pay a decent appropriate amount for him,well that ship has sailed too.
Maybe wasting 4 weeks of time and still paying what ADL asked for in the first place is our forte!

I think more baffling than this saga is our other options for CB. How is it possible to have only three or four CB choices. All of them extremely expensive and the top of the list player extremely ungettable.
Why do we expect anything different when we deal with Napoli. I was told Napoli are weaker financially so they will give up easily. Well that card move should expire now as ADL has still not given us an inch. We are hoping to pay a decent appropriate amount for him,well that ship has sailed too.
Maybe wasting 4 weeks of time and still paying what ADL asked for in the first place is our forte!
He was asking 90 mill euros, now 75 inc add ons, so we'll get him and not for what they wanted in the first place.

Some truth in what you say pal, but I am glad we got shot because kicking someone in the head in a gang fight is a no no for me.

I do take your point that he's a decent player though, he impressed me that pre-season.

I don't agree with what he did, at all, but he had lost his way in general at that time & there wasn't much chance of him being a City player, in fact he didn't look a player.

We had him & Van Dijk gift wrapped for us at Celtic. Just such an obvious choice to bring both of them into our squad.

We would still have both, now.

i am puzzled to why this deal has not all ready been done ?? ok money and city are sick of selling clubs taking the piss
but we are a defender short and others know it and will will have to pay over the odds unless we use the youth system

am not 100% on koulibaly because of the premier league is the hardest league for defenders to settle into
and when you played in other leagues that gives you time on the ball, suddenly your in the premier league and in a flash players are rushing you and the press in this league is demanded

i am puzzled to why this deal has not all ready been done ?? ok money and city are sick of selling clubs taking the piss
but we are a defender short and others know it and will will have to pay over the odds unless we use the youth system

am not 100% on koulibaly because of the premier league is the hardest league for defenders to settle into
and when you played in other leagues that gives you time on the ball, suddenly your in the premier league and in a flash players are rushing you and the press in this league is demanded

ADL will draw a close to this if we don not submit and improved bid before long as both the Italian and English league kickoff late next week.

I’d guess that if we do not present Napoli with an improved bid that can be deemed acceptable in whatever format, then we will be told that the “negotiations” - such as they are” appear to have reached and end.

From my perspective it looks like our chances of finalising the deal I’d no better than 50/50.

ADL will draw a close to this if we don not submit and improved bid before long as both the Italian and English league kickoff late next week.

I’d guess that if we do not present Napoli with an improved bid that can be deemed acceptable in whatever format, then we will be told that the “negotiations” - such as they are” appear to have reached and end.

From my perspective it looks like our chances of finalising the deal I’d no better than 50/50.

yep

its daft by city leaving it so late and napoli will know we have to pay their asking price now

What i find strange is that City employ all these people on big salaries with years of experience and highly impressive CVs to scout for the perfect addition to the squad and then negotiate multi-million pound complex deals.

Why dont they just pop on here there are dozens of people who could do it in five minutes, probably for free

yep

its daft by city leaving it so late and napoli will know we have to pay their asking price now

Both are playing Poker. It's down to who blinks first. They know his value plummets next year, but they also know that we need a player of his type, of whom there are only a few. None of us want to lose him for a few quid, but it's not really a few quid is it....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.