Kalidou Koulibaly

See that second half there, a big presence/leadership is so necessary in games like that. We are lucky to escape that with a win. Those games you need to have a Koulibaly in your team. A Koundé will be great and do well in playing part but doesn't solve that issue.
City just got tired and were unable to press as we did in the 1st half.

City just got tired and were unable to press as we did in the 1st half.
Lack of control because of tired legs isn't much of an issue. second half, the amount of simple balls and long balls they were playing with ease in behind our backline was not concerning? That's where a Vinny would reorganise the backline and tell them to stay alert, drop a couple yards off and defend better to regain control.

Look at the goal and fouls we conceded and think again. You need someone to reorganise the backline and be a voice there.
That goal was conceded because Kev was slow to close Podence despite Raz making it very clear he needed to. When he did close it was a poor effort & he was megged. Pinpoint cross. Koulibaly being on the pitch would have made no difference as not his side. Perhaps Laporte in for Aké Might have offered more of a challenge but tbh I’m not sure - at least with the post-lockdown Laporte model. Benzema’s from Rodrygo’s cross very similar (diff angle obvs). It just landed on his head and those boys have skills to head home.

Lack of control because of tired legs isn't much of an issue. second half, the amount of simple balls and long balls they were playing with ease in behind our backline was not concerning? That's where a Vinny would reorganise the backline and tell them to stay alert, drop a couple yards off and defend better to regain control.
Wolves are 3 games in. This is our 1st.
I thought stones and ake won their fair share of duals, got caught out a couple of times but this is wolves not Leeds, wolves are a strong outfit.

Yes I could see the benefit of KK, but trust in the clubs power brokers, that if Napoli wanted way too much, that they walked away. I will be just glad the saga is over, whether he is off to PSG, and also glad that our replacement is already being touted, to show that we did not get gazumped this time.

Italian media are saying PSG proposed a loan with a obligatory option to buy Koulibaly.

Italian media are saying PSG proposed a loan with a obligatory option to buy Koulibaly.

Buy for how much?

I doubt napoli can wait for koulibaly money, myself. But seeing them get nothing now and less later would not upset me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.