Kalidou Koulibaly

just hope all the optimism comes to fruition.

at the moment its just media talk but lets hope in this case there is no smoke without fire and this lad fancies playing for us

The result of the CAS case will surely have a huge influence on whether he wants to come - a 29 year old going to a team who would have 2 year ban from Champs league wouldnt be a good career move at all.

If he wants out and only has 1 year on his contract then we should be paying similar to sane

I really hope we sign this guy to provide some much needed leadership,aggression and pace at the back, afcon delayed for a year as well so that's another plus

This could be one of our best buys due to timing and needs.

We have a young squad with big personalities and experience leaving every year at the minute. Yaya, kompany, zaba then d.silva then ferna and kun. We need a big personality and an experienced head in our back 4.
Walker - great athlete but not a leader
Stones - he just makes me sad he could of been so much more (still time tho)
Nico - you cant be a "general" and calamitous at the same time.
Laporte - a future great. Needs a partner to share the load and remove some pressure of having to play every game.

Also he will add raw pace & power which apart from kyle we are sorely lacking in. Hes a magnet for the for the ball at times, has that knack of being in the right place at the right time. Obviously, hes also a monster in the air and good with the ball as well.

He ain't gonna block pathways. Hes 29 so hes maybe got 3/4 years at his best, thb will be 21/22 at that point. Dont want to pile pressure on him him but that kid has city captain written all over him. Garcia is classy but thb has the look (an aura) around him. Hes a city fan, likes to mix it up and bleeds blue. Think john Terry without being a c@nt and better on the ball already.

Long post I know but logically this is the perfect buy.

People still moaning about the price? It's 2020 and United set the bar last season with Harry fucking Maguire.

I can remember plenty of City fans laughing at van Dijk's price tag and swearing blind that he wasn't worth it. Learn from that.

Maguire is younger & HG

And shite...

Along with pogshit they inflated the market, which is why these figures have been banded.. cracking player, totally complimentary to Laporte and will most importantly, add steel... pay what it takes

The worst thing about Maguire's fee was that he had absolutely no experience of anything, despite being 26. He literally had about 50 PL games under his belt and sod all European experience when they made him the most expensive defender ever.

Koulibaly might be 2 years older than him, but he's got 6 seasons of Serie A and more Champions League appearances than Maguire had Premier League ones. He's got years of experience under world class coaches, he's played everyone at international level. He's an experienced head who's world class, Maguire is a project player they overpaid for and made captain. At the moment he's done OK because he's not been properly examined, but just wait until United try and mount a title challenge or get back into europe and he faces better teams under more pressure.

Anyway back to KK, Napoli have to sell this summer really.

They've almost bought his replacement, he's 29 so his value will plummet after this window, and he had a big row with ADL early in the season and wants to leave.

I think this will get done for <70m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.