Kalidou Koulibaly

Powerhouse of a CB. Good in the air, leader in the back 4. Has experience playing with a high line and with his feet. He's right footed but has played as a LCB a ton for Napoli. Age might be an only deterrent at 29, but he is world class. I think he can give us 3-4 high quality years and in this day that's more than anyone can really ask for.

Won't hinder potential progression or development of Garcia and THB. If anything, they can benefit from his mentorship. From all account, his intangibles are excellent. As for hindering the aforementioned CB's development, Khaldoon mentioned that City will never compromise the integrity and skill level of the first team for any reason. If the young players have the right mindset and are good enough, they will make it and flourish. THB, for me is the much better future prospect and he's only 17-18, I believe, so getting Koulibaly for the next 4ish years is a no brainier. So even if Garcia's head is turned by Barca, he won't be missed all that much, in my opinion. Of course I'd rather he stay but it's Football and anything can happen.

I worry about Koulibaly. He seems quite rash and spends a lot of time on his arse, i have no interest in the Italian league so have only watched youtube videos, but watching them transported me back to watching videos of Mangala, where every tackle he seemed to make was a slide tackle, granted, in the videos they come off, but they're highlights, how often does he concede fouls or miss completely? The worry is for me is, they look good in a poorer league with much slower football and then arrive here and are miles off!

Also if we weren't willing to part with £75 million for a 26 year old Van Dyke, we shouldn't be parting with that sum for anyone.

My opinion of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.