Kalidou Koulibaly

We didn’t have the money last season and we are more desperate this season this WILL get done.

Perhaps. And I hope it does. Just don't think it'l be for the reported figures or whatever Napoli demand.

We concede bad goals, we don't concede a lot of goals.

City have the second best-defensive record in the league, conceding just two more than Liverpool, one less than United and far superior to blocking teams such as Sheffield United and Wolves - Ederson could win Golden Gloves - us scoring so many more goals than anybody else.

It was the same when Vinny or Demichelis were in the back-four, experienced as fuck and reliable most of the time but always a team conceding laughable goals.

I think a deal for Ake makes solid sense and would rather we can get Stones to refocus, than spend £70m on Koulibaly. Stones has all the system playing tools and is still only 25. If he can't stay fit, then Garcia must continue to get his chance.

It is the make up of the system in front of the back four which mainly needs to change. A proper left-sided attacker would ensure our left-back isn't caught seventy yards from his own goal if teams are able to transition on us - would also like another left-back to challenge Mendy.

Rodri needs help and would much rather see us spend big cash on another midfielder with legs and a top-class forward.

City have the second best-defensive record in the league, conceding just two more than Liverpool, one less than United and far superior to blocking teams such as Sheffield United and Wolves - Ederson could win Golden Gloves - us scoring so many more goals than anybody else.

It was the same when Vinny or Demichelis were in the back-four, experienced as fuck and reliable most of the time but always a team conceding laughable goals.

I think a deal for Ake makes solid sense and would rather we can get Stones to refocus, than spend £70m on Koulibaly. Stones has all the system playing tools and is still only 25. If he can't stay fit, then Garcia must continue to get his chance.

It is the make up of the system in front of the back four which mainly needs to change. A proper left-sided attacker would ensure our left-back isn't caught seventy yards from his own goal if teams are able to transition on us - would also like another left-back to challenge Mendy.

Rodri needs help and would much rather see us spend big cash on another midfielder with legs and a top-class forward.
Kane ;-)

Still hopeful ake will get done next week tolm? Think he will be a really good signing for us.

It would be interesting to see a back 3 like arsenal played with Ake stones either side of Laporte.

It was my understanding we were looking to bring in Ake and Koulibaly. As good as Stones can be, it would a risky ploy to rely on him as 2nd/3rd choice.

I'm interested in seeing it. I'm not so sure it will either. I don't think the greatness of our individual CBs is the main problem.

Our problem seems more systemic too me. We've gone away from.the high press (for the most part) and also gone away from disciplined team defense when the opposition breaks our press.

Koulibaly may be helpful in situations like the first goal Arsenal scored against us in the FA Cup. But those are actually not the most common types of goals we concede. Those are actually rear.

What's common is conceding goals from our errors. And that's not fixable by adding another defender.

But we'll see

I agree it systematic problem, and if you go back to most of the important games we lost you will find out we usually concede from the 1st counter attacks, attempts.

If you look at Aubameyang 1st goal, there is noway Koulibaly or Maldini could have done anything about it.

Cross to the right side, where Walker couldn't clear it.

Maybe it was Mendy's fault to allow Pepe to cross the ball easily.

Koulibaly and not having Zinchenko will make us much more resilient to counter-attacking goals which our the achilles heel.

I agree that we've gone away from the high press but that's just because of Silva, and he's gone, so whether it's Bernardo or Foden replacing him, the press will be much better. That will have a huge impact on the number of dangerous attacks that get through midfield.

It's absurd that we went this long with defenders as slow as Stones and Otamendi, but getting Aké and Koulibaly will make a huge difference.

Even if we don't concede directly from counters, we concede big chances which then boost the belief of the other side and we lose control of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.