Kalidou Koulibaly

I understand your position, I really do because as Pep calls it our defensive "stability" comes from retaining possession. In the traditional sense however, I don't think anyone would agree that losing possession is a defensive mistake. It's a bit ambiguous because our style is so different to most other teams, we play in areas most teams are scared of playing in and as a result we occasionally gift a goal to the opposition. Acceptable risks because they create so much at the other end when we get it right, which is most of the time.

But, Pep mentions many times, about controlling the counter attacks. Now if we control the counter attacks, then the opposition only have a few limited areas to potentially hurt us & we can then work specifically on those areas, to rule out almost all avenues of danger.

But if we can't control the counter attacks, then keeping possession actually becomes our main defensive asset.

I actually think that describes City currently. We don't concede many goals, because we are great at attacking & keeping possession. As soon as that underperforms slightly, we lose, because we can't defend.

When we actually try to start a game playing solid, we are often quite decent at it, as a team.

But we are currently not good enough defensively, to play the way Pep wants to play, mainly down to the drop in quality of our back 4 & def mid.

Which is hopefully whete the transfer window kicks in.

But, Pep mentions many times, about controlling the counter attacks. Now if we control the counter attacks, then the opposition only have a few limited areas to potentially hurt us & we can then work specifically on those areas, to rule out almost all avenues of danger.

But if we can't control the counter attacks, then keeping possession actually becomes our main defensive asset.

I actually think that describes City currently. We don't concede many goals, because we are great at attacking & keeping possession. As soon as that underperforms slightly, we lose, because we can't defend.

When we actually try to start a game playing solid, we are often quite decent at it, as a team.

But we are currently not good enough defensively, to play the way Pep wants to play, mainly down to the drop in quality of our back 4 & def mid.

I love how you never miss an opportunity to have a go at Rodri.

I can't disagree with any of that to be honest, it's really accurate in relation to City, just not the traditional sense of the term but that's all semantics so who cares.

Napoli are apparently close to deals for Gabrlel from Lille. And that Real Madrid left-back on loan at Sevilla. I would guess we are hoping Napoli lower a little bit their valuation so they can get those deals done. Since they might need to sell him before completing those deals.
If that is the case IMO we should fuck Napoli well and truly and walk away leaving those deals up in the air. I know it is taking your ball home syndrone but the guy is just one greedy fucker.( Tin hat at the ready)

Was the comment about "the drop in quality" of our defensive mid not a shot at Rodri?

Does anyone here seriously thinks Rodri has been on the same level as Fernandinho 2017-2019? I like Rodri, but he definitely has room for improvement.

Any other club than Napoli and ADL and this deal would’ve been done already. How can the stubborn fkr think he’ll get 80m?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.