Kalidou Koulibaly

Koulibaly is simply better than what we have and is as close to a Kompany type player as we will get. It's replacing the impossible in my book and only shows what a player Kompany was.

At the end of the day I'm sure this deal will go through. We need a world class central defender and captain. Whilst I'm not an expert on central defenders around the world this guy ticks a lot of boxes. Him and Laporte together sound ideal and should turn them pathetic losses to Norwich etc into wins

At the end of the day the transfer market is crackers. At the time VVD was seen as extortionate but it shows what a difference the right players can make. If he costs 50m or 70m and we win the title then that 20m pays for itself.

If someone comes up like a Messi or Mbappe or whoever then I'm sure the board will sort the finances out.

We just have to have a bit of patience and I'm sure behind the scenes they are sorting it all out

How many CB do we need ? And even at the reduced price is he not to expensive for the number of CB we need this window. We where short of A star RCB and back up LCB last year but people are talking of getting rid of Stones and Otamendi and not playing Fernandinho and of course Garcia could be going. Could be THB Tosin and Sandler have a role but I think they would be better playing in the Prem for another team or being sold. I could see Stones coming good but perhaps not here

Think we have a similar problem if we sign Aouar and keep Gundogan

And same problem at left back

Are players getting bought off is this summer ?

How many CB do we need ? And even at the reduced price is he not to expensive for the number of CB we need this window. We where short of A star RCB and back up LCB last year but people are talking of getting rid of Stones and Otamendi and not playing Fernandinho and of course Garcia could be going. Could be THB Tosin and Sandler have a role but I think they would be better playing in the Prem for another team or being sold. I could see Stones coming good but perhaps not here

Think we have a similar problem if we sign Aouar and keep Gundogan

And same problem at left back

Are players getting bought off is this summer ?

Laporte, Aké, Koulibaly, Stones/Tosin. Otamendi and García seem to be on their way out. Sandler won't be with the first team, he'll go on another loan. THB will be called every now and then for the first team.

The Aouar/Gundogan thing is different, put I agree that our midfield could be too crowded.

Left back... Seems like either Zinchenko or Angeliño will be moved. Or both, in case we sign someone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.