Kalidou Koulibaly

Very much doubt he would start even if he signed yesterday
Irrespective, we could drop points even if he were playing, so not sure what point you are trying to make

Ofcourse we could drop points even if he played, same way we could drop points with Messi, Ronaldo and a prime Van Basten. That doesn't mean anything; every team is trying to maximize their chances of winning games. By not having Koulibaly, our number 1 target all summer, available and losing to Wolves puts a lot of blame on Txiki's shoulders.

Ofcourse we could drop points even if he played, same way we could drop points with Messi, Ronaldo and a prime Van Basten. That doesn't mean anything; every team is trying to maximize their chances of winning games. By not having Koulibaly, our number 1 target all summer, available and losing to Wolves puts a lot of blame on Txiki's shoulders.
I just don’t get this, do you think he makes unilateral decisions? He like most of us will be following bosses orders, sticking to a budget and a plan.

Lol
Losing to Wolves is now on Txiki. Only on BM

I just don’t get this, do you think he makes unilateral decisions? He like most of us will be following bosses orders, sticking to a budget and a plan.

Herein lies the issue, Khaldoon has always been a big believer and advocate for early business. Of course there will be things we don't know, but isnt a DOF's job securing targets quickly and within a certain budget? If we ultimately pay the €75m Napoli want at the end of the window having lost to Wolves, how can we infer anything from that other than Txiki's error?

Trying to think of what the worst transfer saga was.

KDB was pretty bad, with the awards show etc. Raz was bad for the fee at the time and the vitriol from the scousers. Tevez would’ve been awful if Twitter was the wasteland it is now. Cancelo was similar to this one in that we got the “important hours ahead” update every day for over a month.but fuck me this one will be up there when all said and done, either way.
1600311618938.png

Trying to think of what the worst transfer saga was.

KDB was pretty bad, with the awards show etc. Raz was bad for the fee at the time and the vitriol from the scousers. Tevez would’ve been awful if Twitter was the wasteland it is now. Cancelo was similar to this one in that we got the “important hours ahead” update every day for over a month.but fuck me this one will be up there when all said and done, either way.
Definitely KDB. I will have Klaus Allofs name seared into my memory forever after that.

Herein lies the issue, Khaldoon has always been a big believer and advocate for early business. Of course there will be things we don't know, but isnt a DOF's job securing targets quickly and within a certain budget? If we ultimately pay the €75m Napoli want at the end of the window having lost to Wolves, how can we infer anything from that other than Txiki's error?
Here in lies the issue.
Even after saying " of course there are things we don't know", you still want to point the finger.

Sorry mate but you're just showing that you don't understand negotiation. If Napoli say "we want €75m" and City offer it, it doesn't mean they will accept. It's not like going to Tesco. Based on our history I'd expect them to say "actually, now the price is €85m". They are slippery and by just immediately meeting their very high demand all you'd signal is "I'm desperate".

I'll give you an example. A mate rents portable air con machines in summer. If someone rings the call centre and says "you don't happen to have any left do you?" that tells him two things: they've been ringing round for a while and other places have sold out. So he triples the price, and people pay it.

Txiki is likely waiting for the leverage of the time pressure at the end of the window to avoid this, and then he'll offer more. The Gimenez and Carlos rumours may be deliberate leaks to signal to ADL that we have other options and create the impression that he's in a weaker position than he thinks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.