Kalvin Phillips

He’s on about 150k a week
The club committed to the contract so why should he leave,
It’s similar to the Gareth bale situation.

The lad seems to want to play, he’s homegrown and gets on with the other lads in the dressing room, he’s also from Leeds (an hour down the road) so he’s close to his family.

i personally can’t see him going anywhere, so let’s get behind the lad. Aslong as a player is wearing a blue shirt they will have my 100% full support.

What exactly are we supposed to get behind? him picking up half a million a month for no return?

I think Phillips may have played alongside White at Leeds.

Don’t think Phillips will make it with us but possibly laughing at Arsenals OTT celebrations seems rather appropriate.

He’s on about 150k a week
The club committed to the contract so why should he leave,
It’s similar to the Gareth bale situation.

The lad seems to want to play, he’s homegrown and gets on with the other lads in the dressing room, he’s also from Leeds (an hour down the road) so he’s close to his family.

i personally can’t see him going anywhere, so let’s get behind the lad. Aslong as a player is wearing a blue shirt they will have my 100% full support.
Sorry, on what basis can you conclude that “the lad seems to want to play”. If anything it’s quite the opposite - he’s quite happy to not play and pick up his pay cheque. Which is entirely his perogative by the way.

But he must know he won’t play. And he can’t be arsed about England either as it’s Euro 2024 after this season, so a huge risk he doesn’t get picked if he stays at City.

So no, I’d argue he’s not arsed about playing.

A lot of people speculating on the lads desire to play, or Pep's trust in his abilities with nothing to back it up apart from their 'observations'.

Injured a lot, and not had a run in the team due to the form of other players. Give him a chance.

A lot of people speculating on the lads desire to play, or Pep's trust in his abilities with nothing to back it up apart from their 'observations'.

Injured a lot, and not had a run in the team due to the form of other players. Give him a chance.
Was he not fit yesterday?

Where is he in the pecking order of starting a game?

Was he not fit yesterday?
Did you not see yesterdays team sheet?
Where is he in the pecking order of starting a game?
We can all play Fantasy Football, but I'm not Pep.

Pep picks individuals based on their fitness and who he thinks will do the best job for the team against the opposition in front of him. If that is KP in any of the midfield positions then Pep will pick him, either in the starting 11 or on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.