Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips will be a City player and if he isn’t he’ll be playing for a club who will celebrate not being relegated. It’s tough choice but whichever way it lands. We’re still the champions and Leeds are still a club who needed saving on the last day of the season. Not sure what it says about any player who would choose that over the champions. A throwback to a bygone era when players were thick and badly advised maybe ?

Dickson Etuhu says hi.

Showing my age there.

I think this would be a good signing. Fern gone and Gundog is a bag of injuries.

That said i keep thinking Jack Rodwell was at a similar level when we signed him.
That is unfair to Gundo considering the past few seasons and also in comparison to Phillips who was out for much longer

Ha yeah, to be clear I'm not exactly advocating we knock down the door to sign Phillips, just saying I appreciated SterlingSilva's post which explained a bit more of his game because I've only seen him at the Euros and a handful of Leeds games. This seems likely to happen, so just trying to educate myself a bit.

But either way I'm a homer and will talk myself into whoever City sign.

I do agree on your point about youth, and wish we'd give the young players a chance more often, but interested to hear what makes you think Lavia is ready for that? I know Lavia is highly rated but considering the importance of the #6 in how we set up I'd be absolutely terrified trying an 18 year old out there in the prem.
Well, mainly because he is highly rated, I have only seen him off games on the city app and his cup appearance but they will only stay highly rated and unrealised until we start opening up a slot for them.

I have wanted a team built from homegrown players for such a long time and tbh these boys are the best youths the clubs have ever had as a group, we can all pick out past stars like Lakey, Flitcroft etc but these teams have been winning year in year out from u11's onwards and as a group are excellent.

I'd settle for 6 first-teamers out of them tbh lol

Phillips will be a City player and if he isn’t he’ll be playing for a club who will celebrate not being relegated. It’s tough choice but whichever way it lands. We’re still the champions and Leeds are still a club who needed saving on the last day of the season. Not sure what it says about any player who would choose that over the champions. A throwback to a bygone era when players were thick and badly advised maybe ?
or loyal and playing for the team they support, maybe that would make them thick though?

Would you have left City to win the PL with the scum?

Well, mainly because he is highly rated, I have only seen him off games on the city app and his cup appearance but they will only stay highly rated and unrealised until we start opening up a slot for them.

I have wanted a team built from homegrown players for such a long time and tbh these boys are the best youths the clubs have ever had as a group, we can all pick out past stars like Lakey, Flitcroft etc but these teams have been winning year in year out from u11's onwards and as a group are excellent.

I'd settle for 6 first-teamers out of them tbh lol
Lol, 6 first teamers would be incredible.

Hopefully Palmer makes that leap and gets fully integrated this year (I'm optimistic!), and we'll have 2.

He will be a great signing

The kind of player who you only appreciate when you see what he brings to your team week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.