Kalvin Phillips

Phillips can play but the shoulder injury really set him back, and when Pep questioned his weight after the World Cup it sort of sent a signal the end was near for Phillips,

Take nothing for granted. We can really set the pace this season and intimidate our rivals if we get off to a flying start. Defending our title this time breaks another record. Strongest XI please. We should not weaken ourselves just to give somebody a chance.
So strongest XI until they break

The only minutes you can see him getting are in games we are winning comfortably and he comes on in the 88th minute. What you can't see is him ever starting or coming on in say the 70th minute in a game that's in the balance (like Newcastle).

The club have a 40 mill plus transfer fee invested in him, are paying his wages and he takes up a valuable squad place and in return they are getting zero return. Maybe push might have to become shove and he is told that he won't be included in the official squad when submitted after the window shuts.

So strongest XI until they break
No, that would be stupid. Whilst we're trying to find our rhythm and it's the only game in a 14-day window between Newcastle and Fulham games, then I see no reason why we can't play our strongest team. That's not the same as saying we should play our strongest XI every game, but I suspect you knew that.

He's got 104 pages on his thread in the players performance forum, which is precisely 104 pages more than minutes than he's played this season, but I think that's more indicative of this forum than anything else.

We may have a maguire situation on our hands. If he doesn’t play a game in the prem and Southgate still picks him for England.

Why would he move to another club. He can sit on the bench and collect medals and play for his country

No, that would be stupid. Whilst we're trying to find our rhythm and it's the only game in a 14-day window between Newcastle and Fulham games, then I see no reason why we can't play our strongest team. That's not the same as saying we should play our strongest XI every game, but I suspect you knew that.
But, if we're not going to play the strongest XI, does it not make sense to do it in the games we're most likely to win with a weakened team?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.