Kalvin Phillips

His decision making is so so poor. He gets caught in possession too often for the way we play. He can pass a ball, but even that part is suffering. Ah well. You cannot win them all. Support him when he plays but everyone knows he's not even close to good enough.

That’s his level, and it’s not good enough for us unfortunately. Not quick enough with his feet or his head.

People can make umpteen excuses for him, try to rewrite history about Rodri in his first season and blame it on playing in a weakened team, but he’s a round peg in a square hole and if the club had got their way he would have left already.

Missing the point entirely, I didn't say Rodri has, although if you go back to his first season, theres many performances not just like that but worse. I merely used him to highlight how a bog standard "did his job but nothing more" performance tonight gets jumped on as if he had a stinker simply because it's phillips and for many, judgement has already been made. He was fine tonight, couldnhe have done more? Yes. But its also something like his 5th ever start for us, we didn't lose because phillips was on the pitch.
Come on mate. EVERY time I have seen Phillips in a City shirt he has unimpressed me. Just plodding around and being OK WILL NOT win us titles. City players need to be better than OK. Miles above it. That's why we are Treble winners and one of the greatest sides of all time. We haven't got to those stellar heights with "ok" players..

He needs to go. He looks like he's won a raffle to play for City and can't believe his luck!

Last edited:
On the other hand you can see why he doesn’t wanna leave. Warms the bench, receives his weekly 6-figure paycheck, hoovers up the medals and he STILL gets called up by Gareth fucking Southgate for England. So it’s basically a win-win for him almost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.