Kalvin Phillips

Ornstein suggests Option to buy applies if #WHUFC agree to pay #MCFC valuation in summer.

Does that mean that rather than an option to buy, they have first refusal?

Odd signing to start with. Never looked available for the pass when we were in possession. He always appeared to cover himself with an opposition player. Came back from the World Cup overweight which defo pissed pep off. A lot on here forgetting that.

I still don't really understand how he come back from the world cup overweight.

I'm not saying he didn't. But it's not like he was on holiday, they were training throughout the world cup, he was used in some games and they have chefs in the camp to make sure they eat right. So you would assume he hadn't become overweight there.

Then they had about a week off before the season started again. Is he going to gain that much weight in that time? Its not like he looked overweight

I'm sure it's more that the club has a very strict weight limit for each player based on their body etc. And he possibly just strayed over it, rather than that he got fat in 1 week

I mean look at Mahrez at the start of last season coming into pre season, he had clearly put weight on but nothing was said in public.

Ornstein suggests Option to buy applies if #WHUFC agree to pay #MCFC valuation in summer.

Does that mean that rather than an option to buy, they have first refusal?

Yeah, sounds like first refusal at the price we want.

I'm not saying he didn't. But it's not like he was on holiday, they were training throughout the world cup, he was used in some games and they have chefs in the camp to make sure they eat right. So you would assume he hadn't become overweight there.

Then they had about a week off before the season started again. Is he going to gain that much weight in that time? Its not like he looked overweight

I'm sure it's more that the club has a very strict weight limit for each player based on their body etc. And he possibly just strayed over it, rather than that he got fat in 1 week

I mean look at Mahrez at the start of last season coming into pre season, he had clearly put weight on but nothing was said in public.
From the player himself. Some are going on like he was a stone overweight with KFC round his trap when he turned up for training.

IMG_3270.jpeg

Kalvin came back around 2kg over the ideal weight parameters as set out by the conditioning team.

To the average bloke that's fuck all, but for an elite sportsman mid-season, Pep evidently wasn't happy. It was lesson learned for Kalvin, & was never repeated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.