Kalvin Phillips

Hopefully Leeds get promoted and we get a good chunk of cash back.
I doubt a promoted Leeds would be eager to spend "a good chunk of cash" on Philips. The are far better and cheaper options they can get once they are promoted. Bielsa really pulled our pants with this one, our recruitment and everybody who signed off on this deal got fleeced. We took his EURO performance, that single data point and ran with it. He is definitely not City level. Him drowning at West Ham is becoming a problem for all of us, it might even scare off teams that seemed interested. Now we might find ourselves unable to offload him without a significant hit on our books. How do we write him off? He has moved from the territory of diminishing asset to straight up Liability.

I am sure he is very devastated on how everything is playing out for him. I wonder what is his mom and agent's next move and advice. They can not blame Pep for his Hammer's performances. What is he thinking? Will he be open to another loan to another club or just kick up the bucket and refuse to go for another, instead settle to sit on the City bench? This is a disaster for both the club and player.

Given the way we have played this season, I doubt Pep will want him on this team. Pep will want serious and world class reinforcements for next season onwards.

I wonder what's gone on here though - is it just a case of not playing enough?

I genuinely thought that Moyes would get him playing, he's the type of player Moyes likes - works hard, can tackle and has a pass on him. That's certainly what he's shown for England and Leeds.

If he's not careful, he's going to end his own career pretty soon. He won't be playing for England, City or West Ham. I've no idea what's gone on, but it's terrible for us as we'll get nothing back on him.

Looks like we're either going to have to sell him very cheap, or let him see out his contract.

He's probably a player a newly promoted team would happily sign because they need some players with experience at a good level, like Barkley at Luton. But is Phillips going to take a big pay cut? He would need to be extremely motivated to play to entertain the pay cut.

Unless a Saudi team comes in for him and satisfies him financially and he just cashes in there.

He's playing that bad Leeds fans don't want him back if they go up. Such a fall from grace, just shows what the wrong decisions about playing time can do.

If we can get him off the wage bill on a permanent and not have to scramble around for loan deals every summer I'd let him leave on a free.
I'm thinking himself and Cancelo will be sold at end of season for ridiculously low fees

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.