Kalvin Phillips

Which is a shame , that he's probably not rated by Pep, because he's such a good lad that you really want him to come good at City.

Philips is not a bad player. But he can't play for a top 4 team: he has not the level. He can play for a midtable team. The mistake was sign him. Double mistake: you sign him for big money and sell Lavia. Now is difficult recoup the money.

Someone at the club needs to sit him down and have a honest convo with him he’s clearly not in the plans what’s the point keeping him around
And who buy him? City spent big money and now is difficult sell him.

I have been hoping he can play some meaningful part in our season but it’s not looking good to say the least. I just don’t think Pep will give him opportunities.

I don’t think Declan Rice is good enough for our midfield so what chance Phillips.

Rodri was looking knackered on the 75th minute and pep not interested in bringing him off for Philips like last season if he stays pep will not pick him and he be lucky to get on from the subs bench! Maybe he should look to move on

I think Pep only will play him for a meaningful period if he is forced to, like Rodri off for 3 months, and at same time we have injuries in defence so Stones cannot be overused in midfield and also Foden injured and cannot be playing Kovacic deeper because of that...

these one off opportunites will do nothing for Phillips that are 20 mins as sub in a game where we are 3-0 up or a one of Carabao game vs Oldham. these are good for a 18 year old for a taste for first team footie, but not for him to claim his stake at a team like City.

we were lucky Rodri played as many games last year without injuries, but even if he had been off Phillips would still not got the nod. Gundo and Stones and Lewis etc would have been used before him.

this thing he wants to stay and prove himself, probably costing us a good fee this summer and himself an Euro spot maybe.

Pep is not messing around, if he was any good he would play lot more minutes. Less than 300 minutes last year in PL says it all. Started 2 PL games only, both when we already wrapped it up end of May. If it goes down the wire ad we need to win last two rounds he probably does not start a single game and plays 100 minutes of league football across 10 games as coming on from bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.