Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Brilliant album. Secret Alphabets is my favourite. Cunny Grope Lane is another fantastic song.

Been into Kasabian for years, have the first ep.

If your into albums like Beggars Banquet then this is an album for you. As good as the first album but in its own way. They have developed well without going down the U2 route, i.e the killers and kings of leon. Top Band.

The reason they will never write another like their debut is down to them sacking Chris Karloff before completing the second album.

Saw them in Leicester, May 2004. The Half Time Orange was a LCFC pub, and they played straight after their teams match.. only 200 ish people in there and standing at the front you didnt even get a nudge.... looked half empty but it was a buzzing gig. They had a drummer with a Mohican. He was awesome. They've lost two members since then. IMO they have never recovered and are now a bit one-trick. Fire's okay. But nothing more. Didnt buy Empire, and probably wont buy this one.

SouthStand211 said:
Saw them in Leicester, May 2004. The Half Time Orange was a LCFC pub, and they played straight after their teams match.. only 200 ish people in there and standing at the front you didnt even get a nudge.... looked half empty but it was a buzzing gig. They had a drummer with a Mohican. He was awesome. They've lost two members since then. IMO they have never recovered and are now a bit one-trick. Fire's okay. But nothing more. Didnt buy Empire, and probably wont buy this
one.

The gigs in 2004 were the best. 2004 Reading festival, headlining the carling stage. Same drummer. Every **** in the world was watching the Darkness except for about 100 people in a tiny tent going fucking mental. Honestly I dont think anyone knew each other in there, all my mates were watching the darkness, but in there everyone had arms round each other bouncing off the scaffolding etc... Possibly the greatest gig of my life.

I highly recommend the new album though. What has disappointed me is that they used to play a song called 55. It was a phenomenal tune thats only available on live eps. Should of been on Empire.

Self Titled was a great album, Empire was a big bag of indulgent over-produced wank, this one at first listen has a few decent tunes but alot of filler! Still a good live band though, seeing them next monday night!

svennis pennis said:
SouthStand211 said:
Saw them in Leicester, May 2004. The Half Time Orange was a LCFC pub, and they played straight after their teams match.. only 200 ish people in there and standing at the front you didnt even get a nudge.... looked half empty but it was a buzzing gig. They had a drummer with a Mohican. He was awesome. They've lost two members since then. IMO they have never recovered and are now a bit one-trick. Fire's okay. But nothing more. Didnt buy Empire, and probably wont buy this
one.

The gigs in 2004 were the best. 2004 Reading festival, headlining the carling stage. Same drummer. Every **** in the world was watching the Darkness except for about 100 people in a tiny tent going fucking mental. Honestly I dont think anyone knew each other in there, all my mates were watching the darkness, but in there everyone had arms round each other bouncing off the scaffolding etc... Possibly the greatest gig of my life.

I highly recommend the new album though. What has disappointed me is that they used to play a song called 55. It was a phenomenal tune thats only available on live eps. Should of been on Empire.
yeah 55 is an absolute tune. Shame they don't bother with it any more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.