Kate and Anna McGarrigle

tommyducks

Rufus Wainwright's mum and her sister.

The most beautiful harmonies ever.

Listen to Heart Like A Wheel, it will make your day.

Saw them on the 'Heart like a Wheel' promotion tour. My mate blagged their autographs.

Fantastic vocal harmonies, but not the most photogenic sisters.

Saw them at the Bridgewater a few years ago. Sublime music making. Sadly Kate is currently fighting cancer.

denislawsbackheel said:
Saw them at the Bridgewater a few years ago. Sublime music making. Sadly Kate is currently fighting cancer.

Would you rather she didn't fight it?

dingdingding said:
denislawsbackheel said:

Would you rather she didn't fight it?

is someone trying to reach 50 posts?

denislawsbackheel said:
Shit, I didn't know that. Also didn't know they toured with Nick Cave. That must have been superb.

tommyducks said:
denislawsbackheel said:
Shit, I didn't know that. Also didn't know they toured with Nick Cave. That must have been superb.

Indeed it was.
The backing vocals and harmonies on "No More Shall We Part" are a great counterfoil to Nick's voice,and render it one of my favourite Bad Seeds cds.
They were brilliant on that tour,(saw them 5 times),and even did a couple of traditional Irish numbers,(She Moved Through The Fair and Four Green Fields) with the band as well.
They were both in the Apsley Cottage after the Apollo gig,knocking back Guinness like prohibition was nigh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.