Kate Moss and pressure on young girls

The Pink Panther

Last week I posted about one of my kids getting a bit of a complex about her weight even though she's really slim.
These are the types of images that I believe are causing all kinds of problems with a number of young girls.
This first image is a picture of Kate Moss taken last week in St Tropez

article-1206582-060730CE000005DC-365_233x318_popup.jpg

And this one is of Kate Moss that appeared on this months front cover of W Magazine

article-0-060F1241000005DC-1_468x298.jpg

Do you think as I do that if a pic is touched up or as in this case doctored almost beyond belief, that there should be some sort of admission on the picture

I think the point being made is that girls look at pics of likes of Kate Moss in magazines and see them as beautiful, slim people who they aspire to be like. In reality, many of them are skanky skeletons, and so the magazines should admit that such photos are altered artificially to reduce the suggestion that skinny automatically = sexy to young, impressionable girls.

The first image is a true picture of Kate Moss.
The second one is what has appeared on the front of a fashion magazine aimed at young ladies and has clearly been enhanced.
There should be legislation in place that calls for such enhanced images to be clearly marked as being enhanced/airbrushed/touched up and so prevent young, impressionable women being misled.

I get a bit miffed about all this. You buy the Mirror and the headline is "KERRY KATONA EATS A PIE". Well good for her. Then about ten pages in Carol malone (I'm a fuckin Geordie girl) slates her rfor eating a pie. Then the paper berates anyone for having an ounce of fat on their body and the problem page is about "how to lose fat". Sorry, but fuck off.

do you think that would make a difference, these girls are not chasing reality they are chasing a dream.

change the dream and you may be in business.

promote rubens!

Show her this.
<a class="postlink" href="http://detouch.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://detouch.org/</a>

Kate Moss is also on the front cover of this months Vogue, and obviously looking nothing like the pap. picture from St Tropez.

This is something that REALLY winds me up..... young, impressionable girls are idolising an image that simply isnt even anywhere near reality.........yet they ll try to live up to this image.

I'm quite interested in what men think on this.............surely they're aware that the images they see in FHM/Nuts/GQ whatever are all airbrushed to the hills, and these "beauties" are nothing like in real life?

Blumers Bloomers said:
Kate Moss is also on the front cover of this months Vogue, and obviously looking nothing like the pap. picture from St Tropez.

This is something that REALLY winds me up..... young, impressionable girls are idolising an image that simply isnt even anywhere near reality.........yet they ll try to live up to this image.

I'm quite interested in what men think on this.............surely they're aware that the images they see in FHM/Nuts/GQ whatever are all airbrushed to the hills, and these "beauties" are nothing like in real life?

So true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.