KDB wants to retire at City

I think Zidanes record is pretty good and it isn't a fluke.
Cruyff and Beckenbauer had great success as coaches
Dalglish was probably the best footballer in the English league in the late 70's to 80's.
Many of the best managers in English football in the 60's and 70's like Mercer.Ramsey, Robson, Busby Revie were very good footballers.

There are no guarantees and I don't think being a great player means you will be a great manager but when you consider how many ordinary players go into coaching and don't succeed I think the top players are a bit more likely to.
Being a top player is a great leg up for a coach as well, they'll get opportunitiesfrom the start that a middle of the road player would only get after excelling as a coach for years.

Legend and I hope he gets that Ballon Dor before he does.

There was talk of retiring his number among fans online apparently it’s better than statue.
Rather than retire the number, I'd love city to produce a one off 'retirement/testimonial/legend' shirt.
Similar to what Leeds Rhinos did for Kevin Sinfield back in 2007, with name & number on the back, plus dates played between within the weave.
It would also be a way to re-introduce some of the old classic city designs.
All profits from the shirt could go to the player or charity of their choice etc.

Rather than retire the number, I'd love city to produce a one off 'retirement/testimonial/legend' shirt.
Similar to what Leeds Rhinos did for Kevin Sinfield back in 2007, with name & number on the back, plus dates played between within the weave.
It would also be a way to re-introduce some of the old classic city designs.
All profits from the shirt could go to the player or charity of their choice etc.
Love this!

Midfielders the only good managers eh ? I remember a striker who was asked if he was the best manager in the word for all his success saying I dont know about that but I am in the top one !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.