Keep M.Johnson at all cost

g180aj said:
This is the player many blues call the new COLIN BELL
and on last season he played in 2 games and scored one of the goals of the season!! FACT

many blues call the new colin bell without ever having seen colin bell play. FACT.

comparisons that are completely unfounded, its like comparing stephen ireland to xavi.

colin bell is the best player to have ever played for city, johnson isnt even the best of his generation. potential is nothing if you cannot produce it; be it through injury or the fact you get beaten up in town.

Michael Johnson is, by far and away, the best youth footballer I've ever had the privilege to watch. He was so far above anybody else that, when he was twelve, his manager took him off at half time because the other team were complaining that he was too good.

I should probably mention that he was playing against PSV youth team in that game, with his local team.

Added to that, that 90% of the rumours started on here are utter shit (and I will never forget chazmcfc arguing with me about him being pissed in town, when he was sat three foot away perfectly sober) and he has had a horrible time through injury, I think he's worth a keep.

Also, perhaps the fact that (pre takeover), he rejected Liverpool/Everton/Newcastle because he didn't want to leave us in the shit for far better teams, might gain him some loyalty from us now. Or maybe not, but either way, he's far too good of a player to jog on to Sunderland or something, it will bite us in the arse, mark my words.

Matt.D said:
g180aj said:
This is the player many blues call the new COLIN BELL
and on last season he played in 2 games and scored one of the goals of the season!! FACT

many blues call the new colin bell without ever having seen colin bell play. FACT.

comparisons that are completely unfounded, its like comparing stephen ireland to xavi.

colin bell is the best player to have ever played for city, johnson isnt even the best of his generation. potential is nothing if you cannot produce it; be it through injury or the fact you get beaten up in town.

Don,t think people are comparing him,in the sense that to do that we would all have to see much more of him,but having been the biggest admirer of Bell in his prime,Jonno,s movement,physique, etc,on first seeing him,to me brought back memories of Bell.

Damocles said:
Michael Johnson is, by far and away, the best youth footballer I've ever had the privilege to watch. He was so far above anybody else that, when he was twelve, his manager took him off at half time because the other team were complaining that he was too good.

I should probably mention that he was playing against PSV youth team in that game, with his local team.

Added to that, that 90% of the rumours started on here are utter shit (and I will never forget chazmcfc arguing with me about him being pissed in town, when he was sat three foot away perfectly sober) and he has had a horrible time through injury, I think he's worth a keep.

Also, perhaps the fact that (pre takeover), he rejected Liverpool/Everton/Newcastle because he didn't want to leave us in the shit for far better teams, might gain him some loyalty from us now. Or maybe not, but either way, he's far too good of a player to jog on to Sunderland or something, it will bite us in the arse, mark my words.
You reckon he's off then dam? Have to admit I've seen him out in town a few times meself but I suppose that's all part and parcel of being young and growing up, he's a cracking footballer I really hope he stays and proves everybody wrong.

g180aj said:
I personally like arteta as a player who would be great at City but the Bottom line is out of all of our squad Johno is the one player i want to see playing every week and wearing the arm band for us!!!

The fact that Khaldoon visits this site gives us a great way voice my opinion somewhere where he could take notice, anyone agree?

I disagree, people have been putting faith in him for too long. I don't think he will ever get fit enough to a level of playing in this new city team again.

Damocles said:

a good post, nice one

with the op on this, johnno has all the makings of a top player, english too. i'd keep stevie as well. ned i think has burnt his bridges after that sky thing.

I never understood the hype around Johnson. Never will neither. Don't get me wrong, he was a good player, but i'd need a little longer before deciding if he was the next best thing.

We've moved up a few levels now, so youth products have to be exceptional. Micahel Johnson isn't exceptional imo, so even when fit he would struggle for games.

mcfc391 said:
g180aj said:
I personally like arteta as a player who would be great at City but the Bottom line is out of all of our squad Johno is the one player i want to see playing every week and wearing the arm band for us!!!

The fact that Khaldoon visits this site gives us a great way voice my opinion somewhere where he could take notice, anyone agree?

I disagree, people have been putting faith in him for too long. I don't think he will ever get fit enough to a level of playing in this new city team again.

Agree. Just cant ever see him getting fit and more importantly.....staying fit!

OrigamiNinja said:
mcfc391 said:

Agree. Just cant ever see him getting fit and more importantly.....staying fit!

I know my first post seems harsh, but I think it would be best for both parties if he left. His chances of playing regular first team footy at city are very slim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.