Keeping Bluemoon open

Apologies for not replying earlier, and many thanks for the kind words, both in this thread and by PM.

Introducing a subscription service is never something I’ve felt comfortable with, or ever wanted to do. It creates a hierarchy of users, and a multitude of problems that I could do without.

This is a community site and has to always be freely accessible to the community, whatever the circumstances, but particularly now. Voluntary donations/Patreon is a route we could explore if things get desperate, but hopefully it won’t come to that. We’ll just have to play it by ear for now though.

In the meantime, all we can do is beg/plead/implore people to turn Adblocker off. If enough people do it (and it’s surprising quite how many people actually use it) then hopefully we’ll be OK. Every page served on here costs money, and if you are blocking ads then it’s effectively leaching. We’re not demanding money, just asking for fairness. If you regularly use the site then blocking ads isn’t really on. Don’t fuck this for everyone through selfishness.

Cheers,
Ric

Voluntary donations/Patreon is a route we could explore if things get desperate, but hopefully it won’t come to that. We’ll just have to play it by ear for now though.

I’d gladly donate if it comes to that - so keep us posted.

And to think, a thread like this was not on anyone’s radar screen a month or so back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.