Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the lad. Needs improvement on his touch, his vision, and ball control. But he's 19, these things will come. I think it's telling that Pep has the confidence in him to lead the line in a Derby at old Trafford. Makes you wonder what the fuck Pellegrini's issue with him was, or why he didn't have the bollocks to play him.

This lad will score 15+ this season, garuanteed.

Love the lad. Needs improvement on his touch, his vision, and ball control. But he's 19, these things will come. I think it's telling that Pep has the confidence in him to lead the line in a Derby at old Trafford. Makes you wonder what the fuck Pellegrini's issue with him was, or why he didn't have the bollocks to play him.

This lad will score 15+ this season, garuanteed.

Pellegrini's issue with him? He brought the lad in, gave him 1200 minutes of senior football in his debut season. Kelechi himself has publicly thanked Pellegrini for showing faith in him.

I'm still getting used to Pep. He appeared to give Kelechi an almighty bollocking during the game - surprisingly savage given the lad's age and experience. On the other hand, he had given the lad the fillip of a starting place when other options were available.

Not that I'm challenging him. Just musing. I guess he's such a perfectionist that he gives no quarter on the battlefield; not to anybody.

Kelechi is lucky to be working under such an accomplished coach at this formative stage of his career. He made a good choice signing that contract.

I'm still getting used to Pep. He appeared to give Kelechi an almighty bollocking during the game - surprisingly savage given the lad's age and experience. On the other hand, he had given the lad the fillip of a starting place when other options were available.

Not that I'm challenging him. Just musing. I guess he's such a perfectionist that he gives no quarter on the battlefield; not to anybody.

Kelechi is lucky to be working under such an accomplished coach at this formative stage of his career. He made a good choice signing that contract.
Pep clearly likes to get it off his chest there and then rather than back in the dressing room - remember how he gave Otamendi an earful in Bucharest for going to ground, and we were strolling that game?

Will be a great player, multi talented and seems to be a fast learner. Not as flashy as other players but does his job. With experience and age he will become stronger and more consistent, learning under Pep /Aguero at a crucial time in his career will do him wonders.

A goal every 89.6 minutes in his career to date in all competitions for City.

What's not to like?

Yeah, Nacho tried threading the ball through a tight space for Sterling instead of playing it to his left to Nolito who was in some open space, he lost the ball which resulted in the free kick which they scored from....
People don't think but I bet Nacho loves getting a bollocking, because I can imagine it feels to him as though Pep expects more and better things, and treats him like he would to the big name players.... sometimes if you molly cuddle young players they feel as though their expectations aren't as great, so don't try as much as they should...

That's my impression anyway.

Yeah, Nacho tried threading the ball through a tight space for Sterling instead of playing it to his left to Nolito who was in some open space, he lost the ball which resulted in the free kick which they scored from....
People don't think but I bet Nacho loves getting a bollocking, because I can imagine it feels to him as though Pep expects more and better things, and treats him like he would to the big name players.... sometimes if you molly cuddle young players they feel as though their expectations aren't as great, so don't try as much as they should...

That's my impression anyway.
Think it was the pass to KDB which was on. You're probably right with the rest. Pep will treat all 11 players on the pitch the same. If they're not doing as he wants they will be told. Thank fuck we've got somebody who's willing to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.