Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the guy & think he'll be a good signing for whoever goes for him. But clearly Pep doesn't fancy him, he won't get the minutes required here so it's obvious he needs to go elsewhere for the sake of his career; would prefer a loan but if the manager doesn't fancy him then I guess a sale seems more likely - £25m would seem about right, he's proven himself to be deadly in the PL, but he's still young & relatively a risk to whomever signs him. Would be disappointed if we got any less.

I like the guy & think he'll be a good signing for whoever goes for him. But clearly Pep doesn't fancy him, he won't get the minutes required here so it's obvious he needs to go elsewhere for the sake of his career; would prefer a loan but if the manager doesn't fancy him then I guess a sale seems more likely - £25m would seem about right, he's proven himself to be deadly in the PL, but he's still young & relatively a risk to whomever signs him. Would be disappointed if we got any less.

It might be that Pep does indeed fancy him, but doesn't think he will get enough time on the pitch, in the current setup so has no option but to let him go.

If Pep is just writing him off, he isn't the manager I hoped he was.

It might be that Pep does indeed fancy him, but doesn't think he will get enough time on the pitch, in the current setup so has no option but to let him go.

If Pep is just writing him off, he isn't the manager I hoped he was.
Agree in that I'd hope he isn't just writing him off, more that he has greater faith in Sergio & Jesus. Seemed last season he was every bit ready to let Jesus take over from Sergio in absence, or even play Jesus ahead of him - never really got that vibe with Iheanacho, the odd token 10 minutes.

Like you say, in the current set up with 1 up top Iheanacho simply won't get many minutes unless we have 2-3 injuries in specific areas at the same time - prefer the idea of a loan to show what he can do in a team like Leicester/West Ham before we cut ties, but if we must sell then we should get a good fee.

kelechi is purely a poacher in my mind, too many times this year i watched passes bounce off him like his feet were made of stone

25 mill for him is a good price and i would take it

Agree in that I'd hope he isn't just writing him off, more that he has greater faith in Sergio & Jesus. Seemed last season he was every bit ready to let Jesus take over from Sergio in absence, or even play Jesus ahead of him - never really got that vibe with Iheanacho, the odd token 10 minutes.

Like you say, in the current set up with 1 up top Iheanacho simply won't get many minutes unless we have 2-3 injuries in specific areas at the same time - prefer the idea of a loan to show what he can do in a team like Leicester/West Ham before we cut ties, but if we must sell then we should get a good fee.

If we let this kid go permanently, we should be looking for the same kind of money he would bring, if he was a Utd player.

Feet made of fucking stone.

I can't actually respond to that or they will ban me.
This whole "he's only a poacher" thing started out of nowhere this season after his role in the team was a bit restricted to it, and in fact he's wonderful at arriving in the box, but deary me, not so long ago I thought I'd read such bullshit only on redcafe.

This whole "he's only a poacher" thing started out of nowhere this season after his role in the team was a bit restricted to it, and in fact he's wonderful at arriving in the box, but deary me, not so long ago I thought I'd read such bullshit only on redcafe.

I think it's fucking horrible.

We signed one of the most promising kids in the world, who was more of No 10.than a No 9, superb footballer, eye for a pass, fantastic long distance shooting, beats a man & scores goals.

He had a year out of football in order to wait for eligibility for City & then got injured.

Came in under that #%× manager, & scored goals as a cf in limited time, scored goals for Pep in limited time (possibly world record kind of time) & after barely playing football for 3 years is getting shit of these fucking wankers, for not being perfect on the ball.

Whether he makes it at our level or not, it's fucking out of order imo & fucking depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.