Ken Barnes memorial this Sat at Hyde FC

We were on the front row of seats. He still hasn't stopped grinning at being able to meet some of his dads city heroes (the ones I kept telling him about while he was growing up).

I got to shake Dicky's hand and tell him 'thank you'. He was a perfect gent - and still one of my all-time city heroes.

Must admit though, Andy Morrisson did 'p' me off when he totally ignored the waiting fans and sneaked out. I can only assume he had somewhere to go.

Raffles said:
kb5.jpg

That's me and my old man just to the right of Jeff Whitley's head. How did the £1 hot dogs go down at then end?

John Gwynne was funny on the old mic.

Raffles said:
We were on the front row of seats. He still hasn't stopped grinning at being able to meet some of his dads city heroes (the ones I kept telling him about while he was growing up).

I got to shake Dicky's hand and tell him 'thank you'. He was a perfect gent - and still one of my all-time city heroes.

Must admit though, Andy Morrisson did 'p' me off when he totally ignored the waiting fans and sneaked out. I can only assume he had somewhere to go.

morrisons start discounting their chickens and pork ribs about 5.30ish ;)

Bluebird1 said:
mancmackem said:
Raffles said:

That's me and my old man just to the right of Jeff Whitley's head. How did the £1 hot dogs go down at then end?

John Gwynne was funny on the old mic.

He was really good, shame we can't have him instead of Hugh Ferris!

He mentioned at the end that Mike Sherons first was a blinder from 3 inches.
Had me chuckling that one!
Great to see my heroes and also the Army lads rom the Mercian regiment.
Top aternoon!

DSC00558.jpg

--------------------------------------

DSC00549.jpg

---------------------------------------

DSC00542.jpg

-----------------------------------

DSC00499.jpg

----------------------------------

DSC00517.jpg

--------------------------------------------

DSC00518.jpg

----------------------------------------

DSC00520.jpg

--------------------------------------

DSC00540.jpg

shadygiz said:

I suppose his name should have given me a clue ;)

Is that you in the 'Dicky & son' pic btw?<br /><br />-- Sun May 22, 2011 11:05 am --<br /><br />Team sheet for those that wanted it:

kbts.jpg

shadygiz said:
Raffles said:

Andy Morrison is a really nice guy I believe. One of the Swinton Supporters Club members was at another clubs meeting and one of our lot told him we'd been let down again by a first team player and, straight away, he offered to stand in. True to his word he turned up the next week and was, by all accounts, brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.