Ken Mulhearn RIP

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by peter.evans, 13 Mar 2018.

1. Alan Oakes Shinpads

Alan Oakes Shinpads

Well said and very true

2. lancs blue

lancs blue

RIP Ken.

I always thought he somewhat unfairly carried the can for our early exit from the European Cup to Fenerbahce, he was an excellent keeper in the 67/68 title winning team.

3. JGL07

JGL07

He was a good keeper but, in my opinion, not as good as Dowd. He obtained the first team gloves through injury to Dowd so any mistake could be used as a pretext to bring back Harry. I agree he went through most of the 1967-68 season without any major gaffes.

Ken got his First Division Championship medal and Harry then got a Cup Winners medal. All that before Joe Corrigan took League Cup and Cup Winners Cup medals.

4. Don Karleone

Don Karleone

Well before my time but OABAAB

RIP

5. MattSTFC

MattSTFC

Ken was regarded a legend at my club, Shrewsbury Town, and he was a boyhood hero of mine. His passing is so sad as he appeared so fit and well in relatively recent times and, by modern standards, was not an old man.

It's lovely to see his passing marked so well on this forum and it is a great credit to your fans that you do so.

Ken's grandson, Harry Lewis, is also a goalkeeper. A Shrewsbury lad, who represented England under-18 whilst with us, he has since moved on for a sizeable fee to Southampton (currently on loan at Dundee United). Hopefully Harry can carry on the family tradition of fine goalkeeping.

RIP Ken, thanks for so many great memories.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/spor...ewsbury-goalkeeper-ken-mulhearn-dies-aged-72/

6. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

I just about remember Ken at City. Big joe had emerged as our No. 1 by then.

He will always be a City legend as a member of the 67/68 title-winning team.

R. I. P. Ken.

7. Sofa City Sussex

Sofa City Sussex

He was the GK in the first season I started following City - as others have said can always remember that lineup.RIP Ken.

8. Peggy's a blue

Peggy's a blue

I remember Ken very sad news RIP

9. cleavers

cleavers

Sad news, I can just about remember him.

10. Pell

Pell

His name is safe in the clubs history, never to be forgotten. RIP.