Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the lad is not an athlete by any stretch of the imagination but he looks shagged come the second half in some games. Does he smoke forty a day or something? His concentration in the second half yesterday was terrible n'all. Wasn't concentrating enough when he should have scored (what a monumentally poor finish that was!), wasn't concentrating enough when he was given a good ball to the wing and it bobbled through his legs and out for a throw, wasn't concentrating on his defeinsve side when he allowed runners to glide past him unattended for counter attacks.

I thought he had a really good first half but my word he was poor second half.

I'm not sure he's athletic enough to work on this fitness issues though. I think he's just one of those players, like Joe Cole, who is spent after an hour.

To be fair to Kev I think he gets tired for brief moments in a game because he is trying too hard - he covers a lot of ground trying to engineer space and make things happen. Lets not forget even when he has a poor game he still creates several chances, he is the assist king. He is key to our future and is a fantastic player. Also his dip yesterday came after he missed the sitter - this can happen to anyone, but what showed me a lot about the character of our senior players - and I include my favourite Silva in this - was not one of them went over to him to gee him up after the miss.

Needs to practice his finishing. He's missed a few this season you would expect a player of his caliber to score. Sublime player though.

He's a fighter (even though he doesn't look it). Being let go by Chelsea was a good thing for him. Ok that miss did get to him but bloodyell, watching that last minute mentalness, he wasn't the only one who's emotions got the better of them. He is shit-hot with a good attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.