Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again it's no coincidence that he looked better when Silva dropped deep.

We simply can't play the two of them, Sane and Sterling that advanced, it leaves zero space to exploit.

You take one out and into a deep role and the whole thing looks smoother.

Kev had a good 10 min spell and that was a great cross, but something is very off.

We simply can't play the two of them, Sane and Sterling that advanced, it leaves zero space to exploit.

Kev had a good 10 min spell and that was a great cross, but something is very off.

This is all due to not having Gundogan really, you're seeing a tepid KDB because he's being asked different things in this makeshift approach due to lack of depth. Next season, you'll see a better KDB but I think this will more or less continue this season

This is all due to not having Gundogan really, you're seeing a tepid KDB because he's being asked different things in this makeshift approach due to lack of depth. Next season, you'll see a better KDB but I think this will more or less continue this season

Hardly. We looked bad with Gundogan in there for the very same reason. He pushed up into that mix and made it even worse. I'm hoping we can pair Gundo and Silva far deeper next year, because initial attempts to shoe horn all them into the side hasn't worked.

He is better on the right because Kun likes those type of crosses so it's either him or Sterling over there for me. He is ineffective in the middle at the moment. Too lightweight and passing off.

He was extremely wasteful, as he has been for 6/7 games now... his first half passing was abysmal!
He's always pretty wasteful, still it was his passing that created most of our chances, e.g. the pass through to Silva for the should-be penalty, the pass for the goal, and Aguero's chances.

Against Monaco he created nothing, this was definitely an improvement; although definitely not near his best.

If we slipped an opposition shirt on him he might be able to make those simple passes to a blue shirt then.

Hopefully the break will do him good.

He is better on the right because Kun likes those type of crosses so it's either him or Sterling over there for me. He is ineffective in the middle at the moment. Too lightweight and passing off.

It is all about finding a way to get the best out of De Bruyne because he is certainly struggling mentally at the moment. He seems to play better when moved to the right of late and has not played consistently well enough in that deep role this season. So playing him in the right as one of the front three is an option to consider but I will not break the Sterling and Sane combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.