Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's so forward thinking. Even in the last 10 when we slowed it down, once the ball reached him he stopped the sideways passing, turned & drove at Brighton's defence each time. Will be a big player for us again this season.

Put him at DM and the Silvas ahead of him... Sane left and Sterling right of one of the Strikers an lets go win a game. I'm tired of the slow buildups from the back.

KDB had a very good pre season and looked really in form , very surprised how poor he was against Everton , admittedly he has set a very high standard but he made the wrong decison with his final ball too many times . expected more from him tonight , early season form can be misleading so i am looking forward to him ripping teams apart again starting on Saturday against Bournemouth

I was going to start this thread over the summer, but I thought maybe it was a crazy idea and would be ridiculed, so I didn't bother.

But after De Bruyne played the last 25 minutes as the deep lying midfielder against Everton, now is a good time to ask: can De Bruyne play there regularly?

I think in possession he's ideally suited to it. He always looks to play forwards, he plays it very quickly and sharply, he's got an outstanding range of passing and sensational vision, particularly for early counter attacks.

I think as a 10 he sometimes struggles as he's not as comfortable as Silva in receiving the ball in tight areas with his back to goal, and he's not as comfortable constantly getting on the ball and dominating it and dictating play.

So I think in the deeper role it could actually make more of his attributes than when he's playing further forward.

When out of possession would be the big concern, but he has made a steady improvement at winning the ball back recently, and I'm sure he could improve further.

If he can get to grips with it, our midfield 3 could potentially be the most exciting in Europe:

..............De Bruyne
......Bernado.......David SIlva

I'd love to see us give it a try against Bournmouth

Wouldn't be a good idea against the big teams but against a parked bus (most games) we could get away with playing just attacking midfielders in midfield.

I think he only moved De Bruyne back to counteract Koeman's Sigurdsson and Klaassen substitutions. Koeman was trying to stop us passing out which worked for a couple of mins, so Pep moved our players who are quality on the ball further back so we could get hold of the ball and pass our way out.

I was going to start this thread over the summer, but I thought maybe it was a crazy idea and would be ridiculed, so I didn't bother.

But after De Bruyne played the last 25 minutes as the deep lying midfielder against Everton, now is a good time to ask: can De Bruyne play there regularly?

I think in possession he's ideally suited to it. He always looks to play forwards, he plays it very quickly and sharply, he's got an outstanding range of passing and sensational vision, particularly for early counter attacks.

I think as a 10 he sometimes struggles as he's not as comfortable as Silva in receiving the ball in tight areas with his back to goal, and he's not as comfortable constantly getting on the ball and dominating it and dictating play.

So I think in the deeper role it could actually make more of his attributes than when he's playing further forward.

When out of possession would be the big concern, but he has made a steady improvement at winning the ball back recently, and I'm sure he could improve further.

If he can get to grips with it, our midfield 3 could potentially be the most exciting in Europe:

..............De Bruyne
......Bernado.......David SIlva

I'd love to see us give it a try against Bournmouth
Kevin is a stat-padder if he doesn't score or get assists then he is doing nothing for us, he cannot control the midfield like Silva or Toure, his highlights always show one of three things; his through balls for the forwards on goal, his whipped in crosses, and his finishes. To get the best out of him requires him further up the pitch, something like:

-------------Dinho/Toure
------Kevin-------David Silva

Worked because David Silva dropped deeper to control the midfield, and if you want Bernardo on the pitch with them and assuming we have a full healthy squad then it's best to do something like this:

-------------------Gundogan
Walker------Kevin----------David Silva----------Mendy
----------B Silva-----Aguero-----Sterling

With Walker and Mendy stretching the pitch, you can have B Silva and Sterling as inside attacking wingers to link with Kevin and D Silva and Aguero as the focal point. Added Gundogan because he is best option when fit in the DM because he is a better passer than Dinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.