Key 103

simon23 said:
to say milner is a better driving midfielder than anything we have is a bit too simplistic in my opinion.

i agree he is a far better crosser of the ball than swp (and belllamy, johnson robinho as well)

however.......

he works harder than robinho...but does he work harder than bellamy or swp.....i dont think he does

his ability to pick a pass from central positions isnt as good as irelands

he cannt beat a man like bellamy, swp jonno or robinho

he certainly cannt come up with the unexpected like robinho can

therefore to me we are paying an awful lot of money (and i know its not my money or even the clubs money) for a player who basically brings excellent crossing ability and hard work, but not much else that we dont already possess with other players

people go on about his versatilty but if you are going to build a team/squad that can win the prem league....then you are going to need the best players in the best positions...and milne isnt any of those in any position....square pegs into round holes is what milner brings us

you've named about 7 players to make your point. of course he's not better than the imaginary player who embodies the best bits of 7 players. good grief.

Chick Counterfly said:
simon23 said:
to say milner is a better driving midfielder than anything we have is a bit too simplistic in my opinion.

i agree he is a far better crosser of the ball than swp (and belllamy, johnson robinho as well)

however.......

he works harder than robinho...but does he work harder than bellamy or swp.....i dont think he does

therefore to me we are paying an awful lot of money (and i know its not my money or even the clubs money) for a player who basically brings excellent crossing ability and hard work, but not much else that we dont already possess with other players

people go on about his versatilty but if you are going to build a team/squad that can win the prem league....then you are going to need the best players in the best positions...and milne isnt any of those in any position....square pegs into round holes is what milner brings us

you've named about 7 players to make your point. of course he's not better than the imaginary player who embodies the best bits of 7 players. good grief.

And being in Europe good chance we can have more than 50 matches. Players like Bellers arent playing all of them. So we need depth if nothing else.

Chick Counterfly said:
simon23 said:

however.......

I couldn't have put that better chick. I thinks he's after some kind of footballing cyborg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.