Key Bridge, Baltimore, has collapsed.

That's awful

I've never seen anything like that. How does that even happen?

Not saying its deliberate, I have no idea but it's such a strange thing to see that it barely looks accidentally.

Beyond the potential loss of life, that bridge is THE ONLY outer harbor bridge and will create massive headaches for Baltimore and those people attempting N-S travel. The reroute through or around Baltimore will be very problematic.
I can see the military being brought in to build a temporary structure to try and negate the issue.

Awful. Watched it a few times now and certainly can't rule out a deliberate act?

It's heading direct for a key support when they are so spaced out?

Throw in Francis Scott Key and his lyrics for the US National anthem, and all the elements are there.

The flip side, it's 1.30am in the morning and terrorists always plan for maximum loss of life.

Incredible seeing some of those cars pass by before the ship strikes.

Not saying I am an expert. If that is the case then why not shut down Bluemoon because that's all this forum is, opinions (and jokes about bikes outside). I am simply parroting what other experts have said this morning, and I believe them because I studied engineering to A level (grade B) standard and it makes sense to me.

I'll go now and wait for the inquiry results on this matter. I hope all those who went in the water get rescued.
Expert or not, I appreciate you sharing expert information with us (me), as I like learning.

Like you, I hope they not only recover, but rescue, those who went into the water.

That's awful

I've never seen anything like that. How does that even happen?

Not saying its deliberate, I have no idea but it's such a strange thing to see that it barely looks accidentally.

Ships hit docks all the time and have collision incidences at terminals, it's rare to collide into a bridge like this but just like a plane crash - it happens.

Awful. Watched it a few times now and certainly can't rule out a deliberate act?

It's heading direct for a key support when they are so spaced out?

Throw in Francis Scott Key and his lyrics for the US National anthem, and all the elements are there.

The flip side, it's 1.30am in the morning and terrorists always plan for maximum loss of life.

Incredible seeing some of those cars pass by before the ship strikes.
I noticed that about the cars. Two of them just make it across. I can’t see anymore headlights going back or forth after those, so hopefully minimal went in, if any.

I’d say that is correct too about terror. Not a chance they’d do such an act at that time. For me it looks technical and unavoidable at that stage.

I can see the military being brought in to build a temporary structure to try and negate the issue.
Doubtful, as that would likely be a pontoon-type structure, which would shutdown a massive harbor.

Here you can see the bridge, which is already shown as shutdown…

Attachments

• IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
All ships crew accounted for so presumably they will get some answers as to what on earth happened. Hopefully they've been able to save some of the poor souls who went into the water.

I have absolutely no idea on this but I'm guessing ships must have some kind of black box type thing that they have on aircraft so it should be relatively easy to work out what happened?

I noticed that about the cars. Two of them just make it across. I can’t see anymore headlights going back or forth after those, so hopefully minimal went in, if any.

I’d say that is correct too about terror. Not a chance they’d do such an act at that time. For me it looks technical and unavoidable at that stage.

Yep, although it can't be ruled out, the time it takes place isn't the usual MO.

Sadly, it is a long enough bridge that those cars which we do see passing may not have made it to the other side :(

There are containers hanging from the structure, so the rescue workers are also in a very tight spot in these first few hours.

No divers can enter the water.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.