Key to Winning on Saturday

LCBblue

The key to winning on Saturday is hard work. There are many on here who will debate that we are, man for man, better than them. Well that isn't the point of this thread, the point is to really highlight where we can hurt them.

Someone said that Chelsea play a similar formation to us, and whoever that was is quite correct - they do. We have better players though, in more essential positions e.g Silva, Johnson. We lost on Monday night due to a poor performance and an even poorer work ethic through the whole team, we were outworked by a very average Liverpool side.

So the point is this; if we work hard on Saturday, not just match them for effort, but bypass them then we will win the game. We will. We have the quality in the final third with players like Silva and Johnson and Balotelli if he plays. Work rate is the key, if the players work harder than United's players, and want it more, then we will win.

That is all.

the key will be keeping their wide men quiet- if we do this then the rest will take care of itself....

LCBblue said:
The key to winning on Saturday is hard work. There are many on here who will debate that we are, man for man, better than them. Well that isn't the point of this thread, the point is to really highlight where we can hurt them.

Someone said that Chelsea play a similar formation to us, and whoever that was is quite correct - they do. We have better players though, in more essential positions e.g Silva, Johnson. We lost on Monday night due to a poor performance and an even poorer work ethic through the whole team, we were outworked by a very average Liverpool side.

So the point is this; if we work hard on Saturday, not just match them for effort, but bypass them then we will win the game. We will. We have the quality in the final third with players like Silva and Johnson and Balotelli if he plays. Work rate is the key, if the players work harder than United's players, and want it more, then we will win.

That is all.

I agree. United work hard and break quickly. We have to match their work rate, retain possession and score the first 2 goals in the game.

We've not played badly in any of the recent derbies but we haven't won any of them because they know how to win when not at their best. We will have to be at our best to win but we can do it in a one off game. 2 legs - I'd fancy them. One game, roughly equal numbers of supporters and hopefully a strong ref we've got a chance.

SWP's back said:
You and yours going to the Greenman Liam?

Possibly, mate. Going down on a supporters coach so I'm thinking it could be a straight there and straight back kind of do. I'm grateful for the spaces though 'cos train travel is a bleedin' nightmare, apparently!

Heard it holds 2,000?

I dont get all this man for man we are better than Rags/Chelsea/Arsenal etc...

Lescott/Kolorov/Boateng/Zabaleta/Johnson/SWP/Jo/Vieira/ToureK/Boyota/Barry/Milner/Dzeko and Balotelli are not better than anything they have.

Only Hart (If he improves his distribution) Silva, De Jong, Tevez, possibly Toure Y (If played in correct position but not where we play him) and Kompany would get close to starting for any of those sides. Richards could do if he cuts out the sloppiness.

Hard work, good luck and raising our game 100% will give us a 50/50 chance.

The most important thing is for our central midfielders to step up and fill the space united like to play in.not to sit on the edge of our box and let them play. Their midfielders can be dominated by ours. Evra doesn't like players playing too close to him and that's why he always struggles against swp. aj can do that too with his quick feet. I'm sure he'll go back to the favoured formation so he must play with balo not dzecko up top, and not with Milner wide but aj and silva.

We can win this game if we press them, we did it at old trafford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.