Khiara Keating WSL Golden Glove Award Winner 2023/24:

Keating has now appeared in court charged with unlawful possession of nitrous oxide. She pleaded not guilty.

What has been reported so far is that she crashed her car on her way back from holiday because she was (by her own admission) using her phone.

The police breathalysed her and she was negative

The police then decided to search the car anyway and found 11 cannisters which her mum said were hers and were from a party she'd had at her own home.

Given she wasn't under the influence and her mum had said they were her hers, for the police to take her to court for that and search her place of work seems extremely excessive.

What has been reported so far is that she crashed her car on her way back from holiday because she was (by her own admission) using her phone.

The police breathalysed her and she was negative

The police then decided to search the car anyway and found 11 cannisters which her mum said were hers and were from a party she'd had at her own home.

Given she wasn't under the influence and her mum had said they were her hers, for the police to take her to court for that and search her place of work seems extremely excessive.
So if they were from a party she had at home, how come they were in her car ? .

Seems strange that they've charged her. If she tested negative and her mother has "taken the blame" for the cannisters then what can they actually do to our keeper? Maybe just using her as an example to get the meassage across that they will prosecute this type of infraction and using a celebrity name as an example would be my best guess.

In any event, some re-education for Ms Keating should be on the cards.

Seems strange that they've charged her. If she tested negative and her mother has "taken the blame" for the cannisters then what can they actually do to our keeper? Maybe just using her as an example to get the meassage across that they will prosecute this type of infraction and using a celebrity name as an example would be my best guess.

In any event, some re-education for Ms Keating should be on the cards.

I think it does seem like a bit of "making an example of them" case. But as I said earlier, the idea that the police should be turning up at your place of work and searching your locker after something like this seems wildly excessive and inappropriate. Ridiculous use of the courts too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.