KIDS NAMES

Glad someone brought this up. My Gf is now overdue by a couple of days. We are having a Girl.

We really want to call her Jessica but my sister thinks this stupid because my surname is Fletcher. So she would be Jessica Fletcher the same as the characater out of Murder she wrote. We dont see a big problem tbh, the show is years old and prob wont even be on TV by the time she gose to school. Any thoughts ?

When my only Daughter became Pregnant and found out it was going to be a Boy, it was explained to her in no uncertain terms that no Grandson of mine and future Blue would be called anything " Poofy".

Can you imagine some of these poor Kids playing Football at School and someone shouts " Keanu, Tarquin,Ryan etc pass it"??

I was hoping Katy would plump for Harry or Jack or Fred or my particular favourite blast from the past - Stan.

She eventually chose George. Despite certain misgivings - ( George Micheal,Boy George, George Best) I have now got used to it and can live with it. He is now three.

I wanted to name my daughter 'Blue', for obvious reasons, but my wife was having none of it (She's Canadian). My mother-in-law constantly argued that you couldn't call a child after a colour, even though she named my wife 'Spring Sunday', but she wasn't born in the Spring OR on a fking Sunday!!

We finally agreed on calling my daughter Madison Grace Blue. Id have had 14 middle names as long as 'Blue' was in there somewhere!

My mate over here is due to have a kid in March and is going to name him 'Thunder'. Crazy.

My boss' son is called 'Ace'.

But I cant name my kid 'Blue' WTF.

mr t said:
I don't think names matter at all and with all the diversity in Britain anything goes.

I've met people recently called Buane and Sivota - what they mean I don't know but who cares?

Everybody's name is unique to its owner and means something to them.
well said Tarquin, I'm right behind you on that one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.