Kids Tablets

willipp

Can anyone give some advice on a good quality tablet for kids that isnt obscenely priced like an ipad is. Its for an 8 year old who will only use it for watching youtube videos, movies, play games etc. I'm hoping for something up to £150.

Plenty of android tablets out there. Samsung do a few and they'll will be more than enough for an 8 year old

And insurance it up to the hilt in case (Let's be honest it will do) the screen smashes or gets clogged up with jammy dodgers :)

Can anyone give some advice on a good quality tablet for kids that isnt obscenely priced like an ipad is. Its for an 8 year old who will only use it for watching youtube videos, movies, play games etc. I'm hoping for something up to £150.

I'd say you can't go wrong with an Amazon Fire HD 8. It's £80 and it takes a few minutes to sideload Google Play so you can put any apps & games on that aren't in the Amazon App Store. You can also set up a kids profile to control what your child has access to. If you go on live chat when you have one and ask nicely they'll usually take the ads off the lock screen for free (they did for mine).

I'd say you can't go wrong with an Amazon Fire HD 8. It's £80 and it takes a few minutes to sideload Google Play so you can put any apps & games on that aren't in the Amazon App Store. You can also set up a kids profile to control what your child has access to. If you go on live chat when you have one and ask nicely they'll usually take the ads off the lock screen for free (they did for mine).

Yep, though might as well go for the 7 instead, given it's only £50 and there's every chance they'll break it. There are offers frequently taking it even lower. On the adding Google Play thing, just remember that you have to set that up separately for a kid if you sideload it. In truth though, for a child Amazon Store is probably sufficient, and their locking down of access is extremely good.

The twins have the amazon fire kids tablet in protective cases and they came with a 2 year warranty against any breakage whatsoever which was fair enough.

Only grip is the lack of memory but thats easily solved with an sd card mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.