Kiev post match reaction thread - PLEASE keep it in here.

gio's side step said:
Balti said:
I am quietly confident that we will still progress
I acknowledge though that those battling close 'em down don't give 'em an inch performances against Liverpool and Chelsea at home and Fulham away seem like a distant memory at the moment. If we played like that for the rest of the season we would have a good chance of winning two trophies and would certainly qualify for the CL.

Roll on Sunday.

Based on what?

Apparently, three good performances out of the last 40 matches!

Rammy Blue said:
It's a shit cup anyway.

Roll on Sunday.
You´re right which leads me to the next question - wtf was Mancini doing playing a near full strength team with Sun in mind? We could have played 4-5-1 with PV & NDJ sat sweeping up all night , releasing Balo with SWP and Jo (yes Jo!) on the flanks and we wouldn´t have fared any worse than the actual result!! Mind boggling!! One minute complaining players are tired and the next putting them in game after game when they aren´t needed!! It´s a fookin shame he didn´t have the same attitude at WBA in the CC back in Sept when everyone was fresh - FFS he played half the fookin EDS side that night - where´s the reasoning in that?!!Not to mention Silva and Komps getting injured v Aris when again they weren´t fookin required! That cost us 2 points v Fulham no doubt in my mind at all!
The man is beginning to suffer delusions of Gaddafi type proportions or even worse of RAFA type!! He´s slowly digging himself a monumental hole from which there will be NO extrication
Does he actually talk to the players? Put an arm round them, cajoule them just TRY to inspire them or is he just too fookin aloof? Where the fook are Kidd and Platt in all of this? Surely you would think they could get some form of response even if they aren´t too enamoured with Manciní´s methods
The next 3 games WILL tell us all we need - a fresh and rejuvenated Chavski scares the shit out of me in our current predicament and there´s every chance our cup exploits will be over by then. We will be in total meltdown make no mistake about it if we don´t witness a seismic (maybe the wrong word to use today) change of attitude and commitment. Atm there seems absolutely no purpose and no desire to realise whatever that purpose is!
I hope some serious soul searching goes on during the next 48 hours coz sure as hell a lot of futures are gonna depend upon it

Soulboy said:
gio's side step said:
Based on what?

Apparently, three good performances out of the last 40 matches!

there have been a few decent performances but those three stand out in my memory as being fantastic and we are not hitting those heights at the moment

we do seem to have meandered a bit of late but our home form is still impressive nonetheless

Kiev would write us off at their peril

Rammy Blue said:
Soulboy said:
an inability to win games back from a losing position...

This is one of my main concerns with the tactics and squad we have at our disposal.

I didn't think we played that badly last night however when we go behind we don't seem capable of picking up the pace/tempo to put the opposition under pressure.

How many times did we get in behind the Kiev defence last night?

Answers on a postcard please.....

Rammy, you do realise it's extremely tough to get in behind a defence when they sit deep? Theres no room in behind them because they were basically defending on their 18 yard box in the second half. Kiev are a well drilled team and they defended with two banks of four and got plenty of men behind the ball which made it difficult. We should have been better but i don't think there was much chance to get in behind last night and thats due to how Kiev defended so fair play to them

Failsworth_Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
This is one of my main concerns with the tactics and squad we have at our disposal.

I didn't think we played that badly last night however when we go behind we don't seem capable of picking up the pace/tempo to put the opposition under pressure.

How many times did we get in behind the Kiev defence last night?

Answers on a postcard please.....

Rammy, you do realise it's extremely tough to get in behind a defence when they sit deep? Theres no room in behind them because they were basically defending on their 18 yard box in the second half. Kiev are a well drilled team and they defended with two banks of four and got plenty of men behind the ball which made it difficult. We should have been better but i don't think there was much chance to get in behind last night and thats due to how Kiev defended so fair play to them

Do you realise that it is the managers job to counter those tactics?

Not picking a fight mate but we have to have a plan b/c/d etc etc.

Bobby just doesn't have one and at this level, its unforgivable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.