Kinkladze in the current City side...

People keep harping back to the days of Kinkladze and what a brilliant player he was.
I was at that game where he scored that magnificent goal against Southampton and believe me, no one cheered louder than me.
To be fair, he was, at that time, probably too good for us.
Kinkladze never settled or got regular games at Ajax and then he ended up at the mighty Derby County, where again he failed to shine.

Kinkladze in his prime vs Robinho, no contest.

Perhaps I should have said Kinkladze = poor man's Ditmar Hamann. Both had car crashes around the same area.

wearethesouthstand said:
u2fme2 said:
would he work hard enough ??

Well he would playing with better players and might pull his tripe out a bit more. After a while of playing with Frontzeck, Kit Symons, Kernaghan, Edghill ... everyone giving him all the responsibility and having a useless manager like Alan Ball , and bad influences like Nicky Summerbee , it's possible he didn't fulfil his talent as he had no-one round him to push him further...

I know what you mean but if had the silva role, and the other players won the ball for him, surely he'd thrive

Just watched some great clips of him on youtube and he could things that no-one on the team could do. And yet i always felt he was over-rated and only turned it on when the cameras were there but looking back , for me, he was just the right player at the wrong time...Better than benarbia for me...

Better than Ali B!!!! You Sir are ever so slightly mad!!

BOMBER7967 said:
wearethesouthstand said:
Well he would playing with better players and might pull his tripe out a bit more. After a while of playing with Frontzeck, Kit Symons, Kernaghan, Edghill ... everyone giving him all the responsibility and having a useless manager like Alan Ball , and bad influences like Nicky Summerbee , it's possible he didn't fulfil his talent as he had no-one round him to push him further...

I know what you mean but if had the silva role, and the other players won the ball for him, surely he'd thrive

Just watched some great clips of him on youtube and he could things that no-one on the team could do. And yet i always felt he was over-rated and only turned it on when the cameras were there but looking back , for me, he was just the right player at the wrong time...Better than benarbia for me...

kinky did it in the premiership though for us in 95-96, created a lot of goals...

useless at derby and ajax, take that on board

maybe it's the fact i have that soft spot for him during those barren years, would have liked to have seen him in a top side thats all...

Loved watching him and loved the buzz in the Kippax every time he got the ball, but he'd struggle to make the bench now, sorry.

Even discounting the fact the premier league in general is now much stronger, our squad has moved on a huge amount in terms of quality since he played for us.

The Pink Panther said:

This is also true, much as people now hate Robinho. In terms of the overall quality of the player, there's just no comparison.

The Pink Panther said:
People keep harping back to the days of Kinkladze and what a brilliant player he was.
I was at that game where he scored that magnificent goal against Southampton and believe me, no one cheered louder than me.
Kinkladze never settled or got regular games at Ajax and then he ended up at the mighty Derby County, where again he failed to shine.

Perhaps I should have said Kinkladze = poor man's Ditmar Hamann. Both had car crashes around the same area.

I suspect you would've got less stick if you said he was a poor mans Bellamy which says it all.

Regardless of what happened at other clubs, Kinkladze at Manchester City was an absolute phenomenal player and without doubt the most gifted, exciting player I have ever witnessed watching Manchester City.

When other player would of left, while the club was in freefall he also stayed to the detriment of his own career and that in my eyes makes him an all time City legend.

Yes sometimes he lost possession in difficult areas, are tried to beat one man to many, but so what, players like him were the reason I became a football fan and along with the Shaun Goaters made this club the special football club it is, in a generation when we had little else to cheer about.

wearethesouthstand said:
BOMBER7967 said:

kinky did it in the premiership though for us in 95-96, created a lot of goals...

useless at derby and ajax, take that on board

maybe it's the fact i have that soft spot for him during those barren years, would have liked to have seen him in a top side thats all...
Created a lot of goals?
The majority of goals scored in 95-96 seemed to be consolation goals.
None of the 'top' sides were interested in him

King Geedorah said:
The Pink Panther said:

I suspect you would've got less stick if you said he was a poor mans Bellamy which says it all.

Nope, Bellamy and Kinky are two totally different kettles of fish.

Kinky and Robinho are so very similar in that their game was/is made up of pure skill

Fuck the Rags, he would still be better than than thier midfield, i wanted to show my football knowledge but cant for the life of me think of any world class players in that team

This is also true, much as people now hate Robinho. In terms of the overall quality of the player, there's just no comparison.[/quote]

Robinho was a fantastic finisher, but he was unable to beat players in the same way Kinkladze could. No arguments Robinho had had a better career but for City, Kinkladze was more influential on the pitch.

And incidentally I am a massive Robinho fan...as a player rather than the person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.