Kinkladze in the current City side...

Celebritykiller said:
Not another Kinkladze love in...

Supremely talented, but for all his skills he didn't set up that many... or score that many.

And he didn't do too well at Ajax, or Derby.

Would he be in this City side or even the 25, would he fuck...

That's the worst comment Ive read. EVER.

Do you understand this simple point. Kinkladze was not playing with a back four and keeper of Hart, Richards, Toure, Kompany and Lescott, nor a midfield of Yaya, Millner, Johnson, Barry, De Jong, and forward players such as Tevez or Balotelli, or whoever else.

As a result of the average players he played with, he often received the ball in tight situations (he'd found space 10 minutes before the dross city players got their head up and found him), he didnt get on the ball enough as a result, he had little protection (defensive midfield). Please make your point with some context and substance. As for the Ajax point, it's been made THOUSANDS of times. He went to Holland and played as a strict left winger in a rigid dutch system. That's like putting Maradona on the left wing for Argentina. When his ability demanded playing centrally.

Celebritykiller said:
Craig said:
Ha pure comedy.

Sorry, honest opinion. You can have all the talent in the world, but he had no end product and not a good enough eye for a pass - far too selfish.

Berkovic and Benarbia were both more effective

I completely disagree about his eye for a pass,he could split a defense and wait a pass as well as anyone.I seen him do that many times,unfortunately though far too often the shite alongside him either didn't read it or would miss the chance he created.

I do agree that Berkovic was more effective.I thought he was one of the most effective playmakers Ive seen,shame he got injured that first season back in the Prem or we would have probably got in Europe.Loved Ali but he was a shadow in the Premier but that was probably down to age.I enjoyed watching all 3 of them and I hope we get to see more of Silva soon because he could be great to watch too once he settles.

Craig said:
Celebritykiller said:
Sorry, honest opinion. You can have all the talent in the world, but he had no end product and not a good enough eye for a pass - far too selfish.

I completely disagree about his eye for a pass,he could split a defense and wait a pass as well as anyone.I seen him do that many times,unfortunately though far too often the shite alongside him either didn't read it or would miss the chance he created.

I do agree that Berkovic was more effective.I thought he was one of the most effective playmakers Ive seen,shame he got injured that first season back in the Prem or we would have probably got in Europe.Loved Ali but he was a shadow in the Premier but that was probably down to age.I enjoyed watching all 3 of them and I hope we get to see more of Silva soon because he could be great to watch too once he settles.

That's because he had Anelka playing on the shoulder of the defence, and created 80% of his goals. Kinkladze had a 6ft 4 Niall Quinn and then subsequently Dickov in the first division.

In fact look at some of these players he played with .. and then compare then to what he'd be playing with now

Jim Whitley
Lee Crooks
Jeffrey Whitley
Nicky Summerbee
Kevin Horlock
Jamie Pollock

Really cant be fucked with this again but Gio was and still God I have never seen any other City player who could dribble and put International footballers on there ass like he could at City and as some have mentioned look again at the players he played with Messi would even struggle Immel , Scott Hiley , Lee Crooks , Tony Vaughan ( sorry bud ) , Kit Symonds , Frontzek , Buster Phillips the Whitleys , Pollock, Gerry Creaney, Nigel Clough , Eddie McGoldrick , Ged Brannen plus all the other dross that I have forgotten about , dont get me wrong but Ali B was class but it was in the 2nd tier of English Football and also what about the loyalty he showned to the club he should have left City when we got relegated from the Prem

MCFC OK

Craig said:
Celebritykiller said:

That's pretty well what I think. Unbelievably good dribbler but he also knew how to pass and where to pass. Problem was the lack of movement and the talent he played with wasn't good. Many a time I recall him looking for somebody to move but nothing happened so he had to hold onto the ball. He would be superb in this squad.

gio's side step said:
brianstrousers said:
Royle did see sense in the end...he got shut of a luxury we couldn't afford,he called it 'The Kinkladze problem'.
It's funny how some people can't seem to grasp we were relegated in 2 out of 3 seasons he was here,then had back to back promotion campaigns when he left.......coincidence?
Messi?..........ffs

Who the fck is this BriansTrousers dude? Every time a gio thread comes around, this guy springs into life. Unfortunately, the life of shit. You represent the ugly part of football. You miserable twat. You come on here, spouting all this crap about 'luxury', 'no top side was interested', you fail to put any of your points into context, rather assemble some generalised vague nonsense.

Kinkladze - FOR THOSE WHO WITNESSED HIM WITH THEIR OWN EYES REGULARLY, will always be one of, if not, the most naturally gifted footballer City have ever had. Not in terms of impact, how many goals he scored, created, how many trophies he won and all that bollocks, just natural talent. For those who dont know what this means, it's how comfortable he was naturally with a ball at his feet, how he could glide across the pitch, ride tackles, close ball control, natural skill, dummy, beat a player with movement, first touch in his head.

The problem with some of you lot, especially this turd Brian fellow, is you'd prefer to watch the likes of Richard Dunne. Someone who you can identify with, because he's a working class pie arse footballer. Grafts. Kinkladze played in a very poor side compared to what we have now. He wasnt an established european star. Yet he had more natural skill than any player City have had since. The fucking lot. Berkovic, Benarbia, and who ever else you want to talk about. All the current crop. As for Robinho, do NOT compare a guy who does twenty step over's and cuts inside every movement, to Kinkladze. That is an insult to the georgian genius. Messi is the closest thing Ive seen to gio in terms of his style. He is only better because he's grown up at Barca with better players. Maradona has gone on record of saying, Kinladze was one of the best players he ever saw with his own eyes.

Id take that opinion, over the likes of Brian 'shit in his trousers'. Bravo, you loved Joe Royle. We get it.
And who the fuck is this dude that starts wanking uncontrollably every time Kinkladze's name is mentioned?
We were relegated TWICE while he was in the team,we rose out of the ashes as soon as he fucked off,why can't you grasp that?
Do you reckon fans from any other club but ours actually remember him?
That goal against Southampton reminded me of the 'Matthews' final(remember that?)where traffic cones would have put up a better fight.
Now stop wanking and face it,he had potential,turned it on now and again(usually against shit opposition)and was sold to Ajax and faded into oblivion partly because of his own unprofessionalism

I've already said he was the best dribbler I have seen at City, and he could certainly pick a pass out when he saw one (and saw fit to release the ball).

But he simply was a passenger for too long in a game, was too greedy, offered nothing defensively and didn't offer enough of an end product going forward. A poor man's Robinho if you like.

b) Didn't create enough chances, and couldn't spot a pass like a true playmaker should.
c) He didn't score a lot either... 4 in 37 in the PL.
d) Performed for one season in the Championship, then lost complete interest the following year as was a passenger for the most part
e) Only played 12 times for Ajax before his illustrious career at Derby County

edit: I did have an a), but thought I'd been harsh enough already.

I loved to watch him play, but I'd rather my team win games than lose but have a great dribble to wank over every week.

Was he better than Robinho? nope
Elano? nope
Are either of them in our 25 now? So why would Kinky be in there?

Celebritykiller said:
I've already said he was the best dribbler I have seen at City, and he could certainly pick a pass out when he saw one (and saw fit to release the ball).

But he simply was a passenger for too long in a game, was too greedy, offered nothing defensively and didn't offer enough of an end product going forward. A poor man's Robinho if you like.

b) Didn't create enough chances, and couldn't spot a pass like a true playmaker should.
c) He didn't score a lot either... 4 in 37 in the PL.
d) Performed for one season in the Championship, then lost complete interest the following year as was a passenger for the most part
e) Only played 12 times for Ajax before his illustrious career at Derby County

edit: I did have an a), but thought I'd been harsh enough already.

I loved to watch him play, but I'd rather my team win games than lose but have a great dribble to wank over every week.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yet some daft fucker(who i'm convinced is a WUM)round here speaks of the guy in the same breath as Messi pmsl

gio's side step said:
As for the Ajax point, it's been made THOUSANDS of times. He went to Holland and played as a strict left winger in a rigid dutch system. That's like putting Maradona on the left wing for Argentina. When his ability demanded playing centrally.

Are you Steven Ireland in disguise :-)

From wiki:

To summarize, as good as Messi... but not quite as good Litmanen, or Richard Knopper. In fact the quotes read a lot like baldy himself.

"Following transfer negotiations which had been ongoing in the final months of the season, Kinkladze left Manchester City for Dutch club Ajax for a £5 million transfer fee.[18] However, his spell at Ajax proved unsuccessful. He was originally signed as a replacement for Jari Litmanen, but Litmanen stayed at Ajax as his proposed move to Barcelona fell through. As a result Kinkladze played in an unfamiliar left-wing position.[36] His league debut for Ajax came in a 2–0 win against Willem II on 23 August 1998,[37] but starts were a rare occurrence. To compound matters, manager Morten Olsen was sacked early in the season, and a disagreement with replacement Jan Wouters resulted in Kinkladze losing his place in the team,[38] with Richard Knopper the preferred backup for Litmanen.[39] "I could have been Maradona and he wouldn't have changed the system to accommodate me", Kinkladze recalled later. "I wasn't playing football and that made my life hell."[36] He immediately started to look elsewhere, but several English top-flight clubs which showed interest in signing him were discouraged by work permit issues, as his lack of regular football also resulted in him losing his place in the Georgian national team.[38][40] Having failed to established himself in the first team and struggling with a succession of injuries, he made just 12 appearances for Ajax in his first season.[39]

Kinkladze was not even issued a squad number for his second season,[38] and was made to train with the reserve team.[41] In September 1999, Kinkladze held transfer talks with Sheffield United, but no move materialised.[42] Two months later a return to England was secured in the form of a loan move to Derby County.[4"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.