Kinkladze vs Benarbia vs Silva

Kinky was a brilliant player in a shit team.
Ali was a brilliant player at the end of his career.
Silva is the best player in the best team we have ever had

goatersnipple said:
Kinky was a brilliant player in a shit team.
Ali was a brilliant player at the end of his career.
Silva is the best player in the best team we have ever had

perfectly put mate, should of been the opening post of the thread

Telegraph today lists Kinkladze as one of the top 20 most overrated players of all time. Says he built his name off one goal. Garbage

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/11510121/The-top-20-overrated-football-players-of-all-time-in-pictures.html?image=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ml?image=1</a>

Let's face it Gio and Ali are cult hero's , and I love 'em both, but David Silva is pure silk in a glass. He's dictated every thing we do for the last 5 year's. True legend.

jimbopm said:
crmcfc said:
Lets puts this Kinkladze myth to bed.

He played for City 106 times scoring 20 goals (37 games and 4 goals in top division) he was one of the reasons for the relegations over that period.

He was lazy and overweight but because we were so desperate for a hero at that time in our history he was put on a pedestal by a lot of City fans. He had no more than 10 decent games for City in his career, fans think he did the Southampton goal every other game, he went AWOL when he was really needed.

Lasted just 12 games at Ajax after leaving City and then floundered at Derby County for a few seasons.

To mention him in the same breath as Silva is an insult to anyone involved or supporting City.

So let me get this straight, you're slagging Kinky on the basis that he scored at a ratio of 1 in 5 in SOME OF THE WORST CITY TEAMS to ever to have been fielded yet Silva is lorded for scoring at nearly exactly the same ratio while playing for arguably the greatest city sides of all time.

And on the topic of Kinky at Ajax and Derby, that is irrelevant to the point. This is about the three players whilst they were at City.

I'm comparing seeing both of them play for City and making the point that as history dulls the memory a lot of fans think Kinkladze was god because of run against Southampton. There is a camp that thinks everything was great then- Ball was a good manager, Kit Symons was one of the best centre halves in the country, Martin Phillips will be playing for England soon oh yeah and Kinky is one of the top 3 players in the world. This crippling delusion dragged the club down for years and an element of our support still does it to this day.

franksinatra said:
ballbag said:
Worst Case Ontario said:
2 2nd tier players vs world class playmaker, really lol?
This post sums up the thread for me.
Three fantastic players and yet two of the best players I've seen in the flesh in mostly dark days and shit teams get a slating off one of our own. YCNMIU.

I said the same just above. Their only contribution to the thread is to slag off City players off who served City fantastically well. I can understand anyone rating Silva above Ali or Kinky and visa versa but to slag these players. Even City legends are not immune from criticism of our 'fans'.

City legends...for the love of god fucking help me....

We didn't really see a Benarbia in his absolute prime at City, Kinky was staggering when he first arrived but was a bit of a one trick pony and his dribbling style and direction was very repetitive and easily read by quality defenders and as they learned his methods he became less and less effective, Merlin on the other hand is a genius of rare ability unreadable, unplayable and a defenders worst nightmare I personally believe he's No 3 in the world behind Ronaldo and Messi he really is that good and has taken the crown from Colin Bell as the greatest City player of all time.

That championship season with Ali and huckerby Berkavic the goat , fantastic times , at last we were playing attacking attractive football, and Ali was a genius his touch and pass wow, for me those were my favourite times supporting City sat in the Gene Kelly

That championship season with Ali and huckerby Berkavic the goat , fantastic times , at last we were playing attacking attractive football, and Ali was a genius his touch and pass wow, for me those were my favourite times supporting City sat in the Gene Kelly

crmcfc said:
jimbopm said:
crmcfc said:
Lets puts this Kinkladze myth to bed.

He played for City 106 times scoring 20 goals (37 games and 4 goals in top division) he was one of the reasons for the relegations over that period.

He was lazy and overweight but because we were so desperate for a hero at that time in our history he was put on a pedestal by a lot of City fans. He had no more than 10 decent games for City in his career, fans think he did the Southampton goal every other game, he went AWOL when he was really needed.

Lasted just 12 games at Ajax after leaving City and then floundered at Derby County for a few seasons.

To mention him in the same breath as Silva is an insult to anyone involved or supporting City.

So let me get this straight, you're slagging Kinky on the basis that he scored at a ratio of 1 in 5 in SOME OF THE WORST CITY TEAMS to ever to have been fielded yet Silva is lorded for scoring at nearly exactly the same ratio while playing for arguably the greatest city sides of all time.

And on the topic of Kinky at Ajax and Derby, that is irrelevant to the point. This is about the three players whilst they were at City.

I'm comparing seeing both of them play for City and making the point that as history dulls the memory a lot of fans think Kinkladze was god because of run against Southampton. There is a camp that thinks everything was great then- Ball was a good manager, Kit Symons was one of the best centre halves in the country, Martin Phillips will be playing for England soon oh yeah and Kinky is one of the top 3 players in the world. This crippling delusion dragged the club down for years and an element of our support still does it to this day.

Have to agree about Kinky. Although he was a major shining light in an otherwise dreadful era, there was a reason why despite his obvious technical ability he never reached the top of the game. He simply wasn't good enough. The club bent over backwards to keep him happy much to the disdain of players in the squad at the time when they should have got the best fee possible and let him go.

Bernarbia, like Berkovic was a great player for City but Silva is the best for sure. There would be no room for Kinky in this current team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.