Kinkladze vs Benarbia vs Silva

deynaskaz said:
That championship season with Ali and huckerby Berkavic the goat , fantastic times , at last we were playing attacking attractive football, and Ali was a genius his touch and pass wow, for me those were my favourite times supporting City sat in the Gene Kelly

Have you not been very happy these last few years????

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
We didn't really see a Benarbia in his absolute prime at City, Kinky was staggering when he first arrived but was a bit of a one trick pony and his dribbling style and direction was very repetitive and easily read by quality defenders and as they learned his methods he became less and less effective, Merlin on the other hand is a genius of rare ability unreadable, unplayable and a defenders worst nightmare I personally believe he's No 3 in the world behind Ronaldo and Messi he really is that good and has taken the crown from Colin Bell as the greatest City player of all time.

Ha ha top 3 in the world , pass us one of them strawberry's cause you sir have had 1 to many

Gio Gio Gio

All good players but out of the three it has to be Silva. A truly world class player.

Tevez is the best player to ever play for the club though.

Really does get tiresome some of these threads if people cant not see that Silva is head and shoulders above the likes of Kinky, Bernarbia and lets put it bluntly 99% of the players that have played at City in the last 40 years they have either

1) Wasted many years of season tickets because are absolute fucking clueless

2) Never actually seen the likes of Kinky play and rely on you tube clips

Right I am off to check whether some other fuckwitt has started an Barry Conlon vs Aguero thread

On ability I would say it is

1 Silva
2 Benarbia
3 Kinkladze

But I must admit, it is Kinky's runs and goals that replay in my head in the early hours when I can't sleep.

The effectiveness of a player is as important as his talent and to this end, it's impossible to make a direct comparison between the three as they were all in slightly different roles in completely different teams. City were definitely a one-man team when Kinky was playing and results proved it, yet Spurs were also a one-man team with Bale, but they were on another planet in comparison and this was because Bale had the help that Kinky never knew, but what Silva and, to some extent, Ali B had. I'll just throw in the name of another young player who had the world at his feet but with the braincell of an amoeba, and that was Stan Bowles. When he made his first couple of appearances, fans were drooling at what they saw and even the media were making direct comparisons with George Best, but as was our luck, he could pass a ball but not a bookmakers and his persistent bad attitude led him to be sacked. Eventually after drifting around the lower leagues, even getting sacked from Bury [I think it was them] he ended up at QPR and England. I always think back to those days and if Bowles had shown the discipline that is expected of a modern day player, there would have been no need for some of the dross, like Marsh, that we were to later end up with. That said, Swales would probably have sold him for quick money...

We take a bit for granted now what he can do, but my god, watching him grow into the team in that first title winning season was magical. we had a truly world class player and in all the years since, has been the most consistent performer in the side, developing his game week by week. what he's done and won for us so far already cements his place as a city legend forever, a cult legend also for the times he takes the piss, playing balls that shouldn't be possible and dictating the flow of the game completely with his passing. any manager in the world would take him in their team tomorrow, and his statistics are wonderful. by far the best player to wear the shirt, his mental game is absolutely outstanding and that i think is what sets him apart from the rest.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJtVwaQMQhw[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.