Kinky v Uwe

Uwe for me, met the guy a few times and when he talks about city he refers to 'us' and 'we'. Top bloke! Looking for a job over in England at the minute so I believe. Get him on the coaching staff at city....

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Which City legend would you vote for if the choice was between Kinkladze or Rösler and why?

I'd pick Rösler personally because in my opinion he might not have been the most prolific of strikers but he gave his all and absolutely had sky blue blood running through his veins ... still does today it seems.

neither player is anywhere near a city legend imo,doyal/bell/lee/buzzer,more recently,lake/redmond/quinny,these to come nowhere near

Uwe for me,I loved the German bomber and his song is still my favourite.
"uwe,uwe,rosler,uwe,uwe,rosler" to the Pet Shop Boys

For all the hero worshipping of Rosler, both at the time and, seemingly, even more so as time passes and I'll the painting of him as one of the most committed and passionate City players of recent times, I have a number of very different memories.

Let me just state that I liked him a fair amount as a player and I probably like him more as a human as he always comes across very well and as a very dignified bloke whenever I hear him speak.

However, I have numerous memories of him certainly not putting his all in for City when he had the arse on him. And that wasn't just one or two occasions. It was quite a regular occurrence, or at least my memory says it was, after relegation.

Whenever things were not going well for him personally (dropped by Ball, etc) it always seemed to me that his default option was to get the hump, moan on the pitch and throw himself to the ground a lot instead of really trying to affect the game.

Now, that is quite often mistaken for 'passion' but I think it is the exact opposite and I see it in a lot of so called 'passionate' players. Moaning at the ref and scowling does not equal passion in my book.

Anyway, compare Uwe's play here to Dickov's, a player who I would have no problem with being described as a passionate '100%er' and there is a huge gulf in consistent attitude imo. Dickov left everything on the pitch every time he played here. Rosler also did on occasion, but only when it suited him imo.

Of course, he was a lot better than a lot of players who were here at that time and I think he did a decent job for City.

I just don't sometimes get where this 'City's passionate hero' legend has grown from.

Again, I really like the bloke though.

Kinky was a special footballer though, if we are comparing the two.

blueH1969 said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Which City legend would you vote for if the choice was between Kinkladze or Rösler and why?

I'd pick Rösler personally because in my opinion he might not have been the most prolific of strikers but he gave his all and absolutely had sky blue blood running through his veins ... still does today it seems.

neither player is anywhere near a city legend imo,doyal/bell/lee/buzzer,more recently,lake/redmond/quinny,these to come nowhere near

I disagree, Rosler is a legend (and in the hall of fame) he was 1 of very few shining lights in a dark era at a club, I dont judge a legend by what he wins but what mark he leaves at a club, show me a blue who has a bad word to say about rosler.

O and I pick Rosler

My first proper city hero, I always remember when I was a kid and I seen him at platt lane and he waited why I run to my dads car got a pen and paper for him to sign an autograph for me, how many players od you no who would do that? top man

At a time of darkness in the clubs history Kinky stood out as a ray of hope the most talented footballer I think I ahve ever seen in the flesh and yes I saw Bernarbia, Berkovic and Robinho but for his pace at going past players for me it will always be Kinky simply the most skillful player in a blue shirt

Kinky had the rarest of gifts but had the misfortune to play with a very poor side.

Uwe was a hero but Kinky was a legend.

Gio for me. The most skillful blue I have ever seen. His ability to run at full pace with the ball and stop dead as defenders carried on running off the edge of the cliff was cartoonish.

Uwe top man and player but Kinky was special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.