Kiosks today

The bar by the stage in city sq were taking orders for lager and the cash, then giving you a small piece of till-roll with the number of beers you had paid for scribbled on it by hand. You then had to go in to another queue to be served. Next time I shall simply take some small scraps of scrumpled paper, with "28" scribbled on in biro. Happy days.

The This! chaps queued up at one of the food bars in the family stand at half time. By the time they got to the front, no pies (and disturbingly no option for "kippax curry" on the menu, replaced by chicken balti), no hot-dogs, missed the first ten minutes of the second half and came in with one cup of chips. I ended up taking them out for pizzas in the NQ after the game.

The beautiful Mrs This! got burger and chips for us from one of the other food stalls. Definately changed caterers as the nice skin-on chips replaced by over-cooked fries, the burgers were thinner, cheap sesame bun, crap salady stuff and crappy cheap cheese. (Last season they were great for a footy ground burger!)

The match was fabulous, the chaps loved the cheesy confetti-throwing and the scumbags lost - so I'll let them off.

Burgers have been downgraded to a cheaper variety this season as well I fear. Football wasn't bad though.

Yeh I had one of those beer mat burgers. Absolutely fucking gross, I won’t be bothering again.

It’s a shame because the burgers have been excellent the last few years at City but now they’ve gone down the “let’s give them a quarter of the meat they used to get, charge the same price and hope nobody notices” route. Poor.

The football was outstanding though :-)

Always people who know better and tell you how you should get to the ground early to get in. Why would you want to get in earlier, over pay for flat beer and seemingly kiosks not even opened? I don't want to sit for an hour watching the cheese fest play out on the big screens. It was never an issue previously, it is hard work because City have made it hard work. Simple

Only people I witnessed being turned away at the gates were the tourists who can’t read their gate number properly

Actually, the emails being sent out to Matchday Citizens no longer state which entrance you need to use but it didn't matter as when I finally was directed to the correct entrance my card hadn't been activated anyway !

It's actually got worse which I thought was near impossible. 134 had 3 staff on the bar and every food kiosk ran out of the majority of stuff at the start of half time. Some of the staff are so incompetent it's laughable.

In SS3 on the screens above the Kiosk they were advertising 2 bottles of Wine & a bag of crisps for £52......!

I assume that was a deal that was on for some of the concerts over the Summer & nobody had bothered to reset it (as it also said all bars stop serving 30 mins before main act is due to finish) but even still, that seems expensive for 2 bottles of cheap plonk & crisps!

Too add my story, don't usually bother with food but by half time i was starving as didn't get chance to grab something pre match. Left as they put the board up for added time at the end of first half, queued for 10 mins, didn't move an inch, gave up as did at last 5 others near me in that time

the simple answer to this is - dont buy food or drink in the ground. go to the chippy before the game, pubs elsewhere or the shops outside the ground. miles cheaper and better quality

the simple answer to this is - dont buy food or drink in the ground. go to the chippy before the game, pubs elsewhere or the shops outside the ground. miles cheaper and better quality

Advanced rocket science applied by Cheadle_hulmeBlue.

It really isn't that hard, is it?

Manchester must have a million places to eat at, before or after a game, you could always even eat at home before arriving and save yourself the worry and stress of missing half the match in a queue for food or beer/pop/tea/coffee/bovril if the 70's drink still exists.

Advanced rocket science applied by Cheadle_hulmeBlue.

It really isn't that hard, is it?

Manchester must have a million places to eat at, before or after a game, you could always even eat at home before arriving and save yourself the worry and stress of missing half the match in a queue for food or beer/pop/tea/coffee/bovril if the 70's drink still exists.

exactly mate. why even bother queuing up for ridiculously expensive food ( tiny portions) and miss 15 minutes of the game. tonys chippy outside the ground you can get a full tray of chips for like half the price or just go to asda and get some snacks before hand. same with beer elsewhere.. its tough being a rocket scientist mate ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.