Kneel before Yaya - City's General Zod

Mental_blue said:
Shit article in The Gaurniad but great quote re Zabba

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/22/yaya-toure-manchester-city#start-of-comments

Pablo Zabaleta, for example, a full-back of such huskily stoical determination you half expect to look down and notice he's played the entire second half with a rescued child under one arm or a sickly seal pup in a papoose around his neck.

thought it was quite good myself dammed us with pretty unfaint praise

Against this it must be said that City's gentlemanly Sheikhs appear to have a different kind of club in mind in the long run. That high spec academy will, it is hoped, begin to bear blue-veined fruit in time.....Yaya! Stay awhile! – like it might even be worth sticking around for.

I quite like the Guardian's sports humour, and generally don't take offense at journalists' opinions unless they're very seriously factually out-of-line.

In this case I was logging in to share the same quote, which I thought was very funny and apt about PabZab.

The article isn't a bad one, and Barney Ronay's a writer I enjoy reading, although he might not be for everyone - especially if you lack a sense of humour and take football argument ever-so-seriously.

Stopped reading the article after a few sentences, seems like all I read lately is constant city bashing so just couldn't be bothered. The zaba bit is class though!

I didn't see this as a City bashing article particularly, hard to argue with the main points Ronay makes about the billionaire culture in English football. The last paragraph was even reasonably complimentary in setting us apart from some of the other cash-rich clubs.

I hope that our owners prove the naysayers wrong by putting a truly long term plan in place and aiming for stability by keeping managers around for longer than 2 minutes a la Abramovich.

Mental_blue said:
Shit article in The Gaurniad but great quote re Zabba

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/22/yaya-toure-manchester-city#start-of-comments

Pablo Zabaleta, for example, a full-back of such huskily stoical determination you half expect to look down and notice he's played the entire second half with a rescued child under one arm or a sickly seal pup in a papoose around his neck.
I have finally found someone who writes more pretentiously that I do, when I've had a skinful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.