Knighthood for Pep

Not happening in a month of Sundays, if he managed the red clubs then yes.

When you say this to none blues you get smirked at, but pep has single handedly changed how football is played in this country, right down to grass foots kids football.
The league my sons u9 team play in has a rule that from goal kicks the opposition has to retreat to their own half to allow the defence to play it out rather than having the biggest lad hoof it, as it was pre pep.

Those sorts of changes are literally down to one man, pep guardiola.

I remember his first season seeing zabba being inverted and it was like, what the fuck. Goalies giving the ball to full Backs and playing its out in triangles was fuckin unseen on these shores.

So yeah, when one man changes the whole way a national sport is played he deserves recognition. But he will get fuck all because too many of the scum gutter press have you believe hes only achieved what he has through a big fat cheque book.

Imagine if he had been at liverpool or the scum …..

Peps contribution and positive influence on English football is profound and will only be fully appreciated when he's gone.

This influence, from elite to ground roots football including the women's game, deserves to be recognised by an honour.

Not one of the current 'football knights' has had the multi generational influence on the way the game should be played, as Pep.

How can we make it happen ?

Arise Sir Pep.
Still awaiting on a Sir Joe aren't we?

This one may be even longer in the offing I would imagine.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.